Stock twins questions!

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
Okay as some of you know I was 2jzgeT w/ 7m electronics. I got tired of dicking around with it trying to getting it running right; and I've spent most of time troubleshooting the car so I bit the bullet and bought an aristo 2J.

I have all the stuff from my 2jzge to swap over (sumps, brackets, mounts, and what have you.)

I've heard mixed reviews on banging in the firewall; but that's not my question.

Sorry for long winded.

But what are you guys on stock twins doing for downpipes??

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
I looked around last night and couldn't seem to find one for the A70 chassis. I wanna stay away from muffler shops because all their stuff is crush bends around here.

Do you have one you recommend?

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
You can always look at the selection at summitracing. All their bends are mandrel. Just dont confuse crush style benders with a true roll type mandrel. You can piece it together from there, and have it welded up.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
ihiryu;1297428 said:
I looked around last night and couldn't seem to find one for the A70 chassis. I wanna stay away from muffler shops because all their stuff is crush bends around here.

Do you have one you recommend?

Look for a JDM MKIV downpipe on rinkya or ebay. You might need to fab up a midpipe tho.
Or, just run the stock aristo DP till you can get one made.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
ihiryu;1297277 said:
Okay as some of you know I was 2jzgeT w/ 7m electronics. I got tired of dicking around with it trying to getting it running right; and I've spent most of time troubleshooting the car so I bit the bullet and bought an aristo 2J.

I have all the stuff from my 2jzge to swap over (sumps, brackets, mounts, and what have you.)

I've heard mixed reviews on banging in the firewall; but that's not my question.

Sorry for long winded.

Wow was a long time ago. I had bought a downpipe from SC and went to the local muffler shop to have them finish the rest. The us is totally different from the aristo. If I recall I ended up getting a us y part to make everything work. I'm sure some other guys will chime in. fyi the muffler shop didn't have a universal aristo part that would bolt up.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Cut the stock dp flange off and make your own.

A crush bent DP wont really hurt much with teh stock twins. The JDM DP flange is only a 2.5" hole anyways. So a crush bent 3" will be ~ the same.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
ihiryu;1297277 said:

Sorry for long winded.

Okay couple of other suggestions.

Mike's link I'm assuming this is the downpipe
ehh. for some reason pic isn't showing up:3d_frown:
net_recycle_shop-

My downpipe for US twins
p1297955_1.jpg

The flange/ won't mount up with the aristo twins without doing what tissmo/Justin suggested.

My question is if you were already 2jzg "T" are you planning on using that turbo. I would if you already have it.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
if your looking to fab up a custom dp you can go to a local semi truck shop and buy bends there, thats how i made mine

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
The thing is I don't have the stock down pipe for the Aristo engine. I didn't even know that the USDM and JDM turbos were different (besides the blades). I don't really want to use that turbo that I had on my old GE-T setup cause it took forever to spool. I just wanna play around with the stock twins for now and slowly amass more parts later on down the road.