Stock temp gauge

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Hmm well I changed the gauges but to no avail! LOL Also, i put a new connector on the wire, and that also provided no gain. I have another sensor that I am going to try here in a little while which I seriously hope works. Im surprised that the gauge isnt working because I definitely fixed something in my cluster when I changed over to the gauge I know was working in my spare cluster.

Also, The empty overflow bottle warning light (birdcage) started working after putting in the new gauge. The overflow was indeed empty but the light wouldn't turn on before. Now the light comes on. So, I am confident that i improved something. But the gauge still isn't rising as my car heats up. I am perplexed, but will let you all know if the replacement sensor will fix it. The one I have on there now was working before though. Does anyone have any ideas?

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
BigKO;1551205 said:
Yeah i noticed that. Looks like they do custom gauge faces and bezels? Or is it an entirely new set of gauges as well? I was just skimming. Have you used the black cat products? Or has anyone on here? I wonder how pricey they are.

I have not used them.

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Well I fixed it. Apparently I didn't trace the wire back far enough... I had traced it back part of the way and didn't notice any breaks... But I checked it for juice and found there wasn't any charge goon through the line.... But I finally found where the break was.... So I got some wire and soldered itbon with some heat shrink. Now all is working well LOL

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

but I hindsight I'm happy I took the cluster out because the clear face plate on the one I had was horrible looking with scratches and stains and cracked. So I replaced it with the nicer one out of my other cluster. That and I also fixed the empy overflow warning light :)