Stock shocks for mk3 supra

fool'ssupra

Building It
Sep 14, 2008
Maryland
The shocks for a TEMS-equipped vehicle are not the same parts as used on a non-TEMS-equipped vehicle, even though they physically mount the same. So if the vehicle was ordered with the TEMS option, then the "stock" shock would be the ones with the adjustable internal valve. If no TEMs option, then the stock shock would not have the adjustable valve.

fool'ssupra

Building It
Sep 14, 2008
Maryland
That's interesting. Maybe that's why the Tokico Illumina shocks seem to work so well as replacement; Tokico knows from experience exactly what design parameters to use.

iLOVEmyMKIII

Apr 25, 2010
LA
oh alright.
well im not sure cuz i bought the car on how it was . but it does still have stock shocks but not sure if they are TEMS.
how should i figure out if they are? where would it tell me if they are?

Crashoveride

Slurbooo
Aug 18, 2009
Merced,CA
it should say TEMS on the gauge cluster in the car where the engine light comes up and there will be two buttons in front of the shifter one saying normal and the other sport...

iLOVEmyMKIII

Apr 25, 2010
LA
oh alright. well rite now i noe it has the normal and sports buttons

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

what electronic?

fool'ssupra

Building It
Sep 14, 2008
Maryland
The TEMS system is made up of (4) shock absorbers with an internal oil-control valve that's adjustable through the center rod, (4) electronic stepper motors that sit on top the shocks, a control module, a pitch/yaw sensor, relays, switch (sport/normal), and an indicator module in the dash. TEMS stands for Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension, and was one of the 'brag' items on the Supras when it was introduced.