Stock N/A Supra top end

hey...it runs

Aug 15, 2011
chicago
Okay guys. So i have a bone stock (for now) '89 MKIII and honestly i was wondering how fast will it go? the previous owner said he hit 119 MPH with the Tara off. But with the Tara on on a nice day and a smooth flat road when will it top out? i have the W58 trans obviously. I know that does matter. Thanks guys! looking toward to some good replies on this one. Maybe even a few stories.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Back in 1996, I had my '89NA out and let it wind out as long as it'd go. I got it to 6400 RPM in 5th gear... Eventually. that comes to about 140mph (Speedo said 154 or something stupid like that.)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Mag test cars topped out at around the 130mph back in the day when the cars were fresh, you can bet the test cars were prime examples as well.

Mine was a low mile example well maintained and tuned and never got past 128mph on the flat.

hey...it runs

Aug 15, 2011
chicago
Lol great stuff guys. I hit 105 once at night on a farm road but i was scared. Probably because it was so stupid haha i just put on a new head gasket and timing belt this summer. Im thinking that if i get some fresh rubber on it ill call up my friends, station them along a road with walkie-talkies and see what she'll do as i pray i don't regret doing it.

Typhoon

Jun 30, 2007
ACT
If you're going to drive fast put the "Tara" back on. They get bad, really bad, cowl shake if pressed hard with the "Tara" unbolted. One of the reasons I bought a hardtop, I like driving fast.