Stock exhaust manifold?

I apologize in advance if I've skipped right over this information but after searching through the forums and a few other sources I haven't answered my question just yet. There's plenty of T4 exhaust manifolds I've seen around for sale, however none for the stock CT? Does the stock manifold do a good enough job for what it is or what's the deal here?

Again sorry if this is common knowledge and I've just completely missed it. So anyone feel like filling me in here?

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
the stock manifold is good for what it is.most people just go bigger aftermarket turbos for more power, hence why there is so many aftermarket T4 manifolds. I personaly like the ct-26 and im in the proccess of working out what it would take to make a tubular manifold for the ct-26. So many Possibilities.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
87ttsupra;1628215 said:
the stock manifold is good for what it is.most people just go bigger aftermarket turbos for more power, hence why there is so many aftermarket T4 manifolds. I personaly like the ct-26 and im in the proccess of working out what it would take to make a tubular manifold for the ct-26. So many Possibilities.

Such a manifold would be entirely cosmetic, as the stock manifold can flow far more than any CT, even the highly upgraded CTs.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Help what? With intake and turbo back exhaust the CT doesn't lag.

Also, DegreE on SF did this and got laughed at for all the work because it was pointless...

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
i don't pay attention to DegreE on SF. i was simply wondering if it would help air flow better if it was gasket matched along with the turbo. i read on here not that long ago about doing that to the manifold to head joint and how it was not a good idea so i was simply wondering if it would help anything here is all Poods.