Stock 380cc 1JZ Soarer ECU, Lean @ 0 PSI

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Okay, I've been busting my ass trying to get my car back to stock condition to work out all the bugs.

The car sat for two years before I started playing with it a month ago, it sat for about six years before that....

Anyway, fuel has been replaced, the fuel pump has been replaced, I'm on a 1.5JZ, stock injectors (high imp.) are used with a resistor box. I've looked this up and the injectors should still work. The motor revs up and sounds great at idle or driving under zero load.

Once I give it gas to build some boost and have some fun, my UEGO shows 16-17 A/F. This happens at 0 PSI.

I'm not sure if the resistor box is causing this issue. Yes I am using a resistor box with HIGH IMP stock 380cc injectors.

Does anyone have experience with this, or think a bad ECU may cause this?

The walbro I had in seemed to be fine, this new one in there has the same symptoms. The walbro is wired direct to battery on seperate relay. Idle FP is 43PSI.

I'm about to swap out the fuel pressure regulator, open to any other suggestions.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
ya, you shouldnt be running the injectors with the resistor box, afaik you can mess up the injector drivers that way

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Cool. You should be able to use high imp injectors with a resistor box I thought, you gain a .5 m/s or so delay. In this case, it could be more substantial.

So far so good.

The reason is this PnP harness was purchased with the intent of using my Blitz ECU with 550cc injectors. I instead am using the stock soarer ecu because the Blitz ECU holds a tune for stock 380cc's and is going up for sale.

I put the stock injectors in just to start the car, warm it up, make sure there were no leaks or mechanical problems.