Stock 1j Flange For Upgraded Turbo's

ryangaudoin

Dec 10, 2008
Toronto
Hey everyone i just want to know what kind of flange is the stock ct12a's on??

I heard it was either a t3 or a v-band flange??

Thanks
Ryan

ryangaudoin

Dec 10, 2008
Toronto
aright well i know that like the hks t3g turbo's are the full replacement for the stock 1j twins, but thats hard to come by

so are you guys saying that the stock 1j manifold flange's is only for the flange for the twins, cause i know if i upgrade the twins i will have to do the custom work for the turbos to the intercooler, the air intake, and the y-pipe??

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
This is the flange that bolts to the stock 1jz manifold. Then you can adapt a couple of small twins from there, or join them together to build a cheap single manifold adapter.

p1271083_1.jpg

ryangaudoin

Dec 10, 2008
Toronto
935motorsports;1271083 said:
This is the flange that bolts to the stock 1jz manifold. Then you can adapt a couple of small twins from there, or join them together to build a cheap single manifold adapter.

p1271217_1.jpg

im thinking of 2 garretts, so then this 3bolt flange will fit directly on the stock 1j manifold

Last edited:

jizake1jz

FTMFW
Feb 18, 2007
Lake Zurich, IL
oh i see what you're saying, you want to upgrade twins but keep the stock manifold and use an adapter. why not just use a custom twin manifold. i'll make you one if you want :naughty:

ryangaudoin

Dec 10, 2008
Toronto
jizake1jz;1271371 said:
oh i see what you're saying, you want to upgrade twins but keep the stock manifold and use an adapter. why not just use a custom twin manifold. i'll make you one if you want :naughty:

lol i would like that, but i think i might want to stay with the stock manifold and use upgraded twins plus i got a 180sx that im building for 500+whp for track,time attack, drag, show, everything.

im just waiting till i get a 92 mk3 with black interior, with low km's and my mk4 big power:naughty:

ryangaudoin

Dec 10, 2008
Toronto
btw does anyone know what the stock ct12a's each are rated at hp wise???

Im planning on running maybe garret's gt15 turbo's but as the site says the turbos are meant for lower displacement engines
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT15/GT1544_454083_2.htm
check it out and if anyone would let me know if i could run these on my 1j

and does anyone know any hks 3bolt flanged turbos cause on the hks site it doesn't show any, im really looking into around 400rwhp

thanks

Last edited:

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
The thing is by the time you make adapters, you will have already paid for a twin turbo tubular manifold for 1jz.

I had mocked up some adapters to run twin wrx turbos. But all of the time I spent on it, I should have just gotten a twin manifold.

ryangaudoin

Dec 10, 2008
Toronto
ehh thanks for the info anyway i got more info from different ppl and i guess i might as well go a custom twin manifold as you said 935motorsports, and run some twins with internal wastegates

thanks for everyones help

Ryan