Stickshift Wheelie...

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Not a soup but damn what a wheelie and 2nd gear slam in mid air!! Local guy at Clay City dragway.
[video=youtube;i4bsUmyOeGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4bsUmyOeGs[/video]

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
lowtaco;1782464 said:
opinions are like.... anyone, anyone?
Chocolate starfish?

IJ.;1782469 said:
Driver has HUGE BALLS :)

I suspect one got caught in the accelerator pedal and he couldn't back out of it!!
Hahahaha, indeed. Anyone else notice him almost go off the track at the end? Oh, and don't these sorts of videos belong in off topic?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
WI88Supra;1782460 said:
Foxbodys are one of the most disgusting cars of all time.

Disgusting as in wicked, kick ass, cool as hell..... I'd have to agree with you. I've always wanted a notchback. Aftermarket for those fox bodies are damn nearly endless. You can do whatever you want with those cars. Drag race, road course racing, ride with the winders down and let the mullet fly. You can even pick up fat chicks cause you'll have enough torque to lug them around.

In all seriousness, if someone were to offer to swap a clean notchback for my MKIII I'd trade without a second thought.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Look again folks... 1st gear he went up in the air, grabbed second in mid air and throttled it so he wouldn't flip backwards. While in second his car touched down and went back up in the air throughout the rest of second, then came down when he hit third and then got sideways. I don't care what anybody says that's fucking power right there. Can your MKIII do that? Mine sure as hell can't.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Suprapowaz!(2);1782830 said:
I don't care what anybody says that's fucking power right there. Can your MKIII do that? Mine sure as hell can't.
Undeniably a lot of power there, but power means little without control, and I'd love to see the guy try doing anything other than a straight line. He almost lost it at the end there... Would be curious to see what sort of ET/trap he pulled there though. I've always thought wheelies did little but slow you down...

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Well, that car was obviously built for straight line performance. I'm sure you can change the cars suspension and make it a road course car. I'm sure he has enough power n/a to be competitive. Wheelies are fun to look at, but yeah... they hurt your e.t.'s. He need wheelie bars or something.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
[video=youtube;70MIUmi0eow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70MIUmi0eow&feature=related[/video]

te72;1783003 said:
Would be curious to see what sort of ET/trap he pulled there though. .

Not the same run but I think this was his best pass from the day.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Wheelie's are as much traction as they are power.

A buddy of mine has a car very similar to this, power is very different than my supras.
Even though I make about a 100whp more, the sudden blast of torque is not to be taken lightly.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
lowtaco;1783116 said:
Not the same run but I think this was his best pass from the day.
That's certainly nothing to sneeze at, but I've always regarded the Fox as a car that if it isn't running at least 11's, the owner isn't trying... Despite knowing I could eat pretty much every one of them I've ever seen around here alive (small town, and most people are "truck" people anyway, there aren't many Foxes around), I still have a subtle fear/respect of/for them. :p