Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Same as it has been for the last couple months. Have the money in hand for the head work to get done so that helps!

All that has to be done:
Head work/valves
Machine the head and block again
Rebuild the engine
Twin Plate clutch
Install engine and new trans
Replace the heater core
Make the new exhaust
Full Tune
Profit

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
If it all holds together I should be able to keep up with you till you come into boost D:

10's woud be sweet, but that would mean at minimum a roll bar is needed, and that means commitment to this chassis, I kinda want a dark blue sunroof one...

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
twin plate? ouch, expensive. needed though

and heater core replacement? now I know why you didn't wanna do anything to the car! LOL

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
WTF is "Man Boost", Mike? lolol!

In all reality, if I can come close to what Dan makes after his 2J is refreshed, I'll be very happy. I will have more head work into mine, which should theoretically put me ahead in flow, but c'mon its a JZ series, they make power at idle, LOL!

Does anyone know where I can source an aluminum heater core from? Everything I have found so far has been brass, something about an Iron block, AL head, AL radiator, and a Brass heater makes me feel nervous.

goodhart

Jul 8, 2010
Cambridge , MN
mitsustyle.com
With a 67mm? Anything over 35psi. :p

Hell, I ran 34 psi on my little stock 41 lbs/min Evo turbo. :D (It tapered down to 19-20 psi, but that just goes to show you how hard I pushed that little fucker!)

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Hooray! Didn't get much else, but this was a good Christmas :D

p1787709_1.jpg

p1787709_2.jpg

Have to wait until Tuesday for the machine shop to open back up- need to get the valve seats ground for the bigger valves first, then it goes up to Cloud for the port work! (at the porter's suggestion)

Got a new set of piston rings ordered up- the second compression rings on all pistons had some strange oxidation on them that I didn't like. Top comp and oil control rings looked great, not sure what went on there :/

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Damn, looking pretty. All I got was a watch from my wife. Sounds like you must have got hold of Iner. Swing by and see the 2JZ if you get a chance.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
So the head is finally getting machined, then it'll be off for porting, then a valve job and surfacing! In the meantime I'm going through my new transmission to try to get it shaped up for the build!

p1791566_1.jpg

funfunfun!

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Hey Steve, are you doing the Marlin Crawler upgrades? If so, eventually would love to do my Supra as well. This year I am really planning to test her hard. Let me know when your going to be in St. Cloud. Sean will be here next weekend. We will be putting the manifolds on the beast.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.