Steering Help Please

Stu_22

Mar 27, 2006
England
after taking my subframe off and now starting to put it back together I got to the steering shaft. I thought if I had the wheels straight and the steering wheel straight that wouls be that.
I was wrong as it gave me 1.5 turns to the left and 2 turns to the right how do I sort this?:1zhelp:

MmmBoost

DDS Performance
if he removed the subframe he did... no way to get the steering rack off without doing that. :)

get under the car and measure the distances between the part on the tie rod where the thread stops and the jam nut. they should be equal (or damn close) on both sides. you can adjust them to be close yourself, and then with the wheels pointing forward the steering wheel should be straight up and down and you will have the same amount of turns in both directions.

i advise you to take the car to an alignment shop to get the alignment done soon, or bye bye tires... plus they will adjust it all for you so that the wheel is perfect.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
yeah its.. pretty hard to align a car without the proper tools... or it is just extremely time consuming... i had toyota do mine

Stu_22

Mar 27, 2006
England
This is the thing I havent touched the tie rods. I just took the subframe off.

Put the three wheels straight and put the shaft back on