Steaming by the gauges... wtf!!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Ok so I just did a new mhg and rad and turbo and lots of others... today I was driving my car all around and noticed that my temp started going up then down.. then all of a sudden it was going up some more and you could see steam on the plexi in front of the gauges.. like when you take a shower and your mirror fogs up... I pulled into a gas station and noticed that one of my turbo lines was leaking a lil bit, I got some water filled up the rad and tightened the line and drove away... I drove 20 miles home in traffic and and boosted a couple times to see if it would happen again and it didn't! I even went to blockbuster and nothing it just stayed really cool! The Mishimoto rad is even bigger than the Koyo that I had in there before!

Any ideas? there were no other leaks anywhere either... water didn't spew out of the overflow and rad wasn't even hot...

Thanks

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I've driven about 100 miles and now its fine.. turned the heater on several times.. keep checking for coolant loss and there is none.. floor isn't wet... just weird.. I think it was the night before when I took off the front timing cover and didn't fill it back up with water and the turbo line leaking did it.. created a air pocket or something???