Starting up club (NC Supra's)

1987ma70

Mar 16, 2010
Charlotte
Im new to the forum, but now that i have found out that there are other nc supras interested in starting a club id like to find out when this is going on. Charlotte i think would be the best place to meet. could possibly bring some company from sc to hold a bigger meet. if decided where its gonna happen somebody please message me. ill use some of my days off to come.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Im part of a similar club, club "Cant get the damn right parts to work club" haha My pistons came in today and 2 of them are nicked so the rings will not fit and move freely :(

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
oldsking;1544770 said:
Im part of a similar club, club "Cant get the damn right parts to work club" haha My pistons came in today and 2 of them are nicked so the rings will not fit and move freely :(

Told you i had good pistons for cheap! Haha

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
I've got a cns head gasket you can have if you want it. But imho it's probably best to go ahead and get a mhg if you plan on sticking with the 7m.

levirolla

May 2, 2008
Winston-Salem
rtrdpenguin;1545794 said:
hey man! I don't think anything's actually happened haha, are you going to the triad cook-out or whatever this weekend?

Yeah I guess, its by my house anyway, I think I will swing by just to mingle

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
NORTH CAROLINA- Greensboro
bmoss85;1545408 said:
I've got a cns head gasket you can have if you want it. But imho it's probably best to go ahead and get a mhg if you plan on sticking with the 7m.

Honestly bro i'd love to however i cant afford to have the block decked and all the towing and engine pulling that would go along with that. Also i live in an apt that frowns upon heavy work being done in the parking lot. How much for the cns?

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Also If you have any other upper engine gaskets i'm probably interested. plus i work in winston so no mailing

levirolla

May 2, 2008
Winston-Salem
I feel you on that, same problem I had. I live at an apartment, plus I'm a college student, plus I had a bad transmission I was about to get replaced when my gasket blew so I had to spread the wealth, PLUS this is my DD so I didn't have alot of down time to get stuff done. SO I went with a OE head gasket and had the head machined and had it torqued down properly. PLUS I'm not sticking with a 7M anyway, My front plate says JZA70 for a reason.

1987ma70

Mar 16, 2010
Charlotte
I feel ya on that one. i wish when i joined the BHG club i would have ripped the motor out, but i didnt. it took me three tear downs to the head to get it right. for everybody's info, do not buy any gasket other than felpro or manufacturers gasket for the lower intake manifold. it will leak coolant everywhere.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
stolensupra;1545901 said:
Honestly bro i'd love to however i cant afford to have the block decked and all the towing and engine pulling that would go along with that. Also i live in an apt that frowns upon heavy work being done in the parking lot. How much for the cns?

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Also If you have any other upper engine gaskets i'm probably interested. plus i work in winston so no mailing

If you want it you can have it, just shoot me a pm and I'll give my info. You can just come by my house and pick it up, I don't want anything for it.