starting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
i posted this on SF last nite, and of course the april fools threads get more attn then this so lets c if i can get any assistance here...

So i just finished the BHG dillemna, and reinstalled the blown turbo...simply because i wanted to make sure i had compression and everything....I started it, let it idle and it sounded awesome. So i took it out for a spin, and in first, everything was fine, shifted 2 second, and eeeeeased into it...and as soon as the turbo saw boost it seemed to rev on its own. I figured my throttle linkage or something is stuck...so i turned it off immediately...the throttle linkeages are free, and no matter when i start it, it just revs up to redline automatically. WTF did i do wrong? 5 days of no sleep so i can get tha BHG taken care of before hot import nights, and the DAY OF this BS happened.
Opinions?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
forget about the linkage, make sure the TB butterfly is closing fully. Maybe something is interfering with it.

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
k...i will do this in the AM...as i'm still at work :'(

meanwhile, hopefully tomorrow i'll get a digi cam since mine has been stolen/misplaced....i painted all of the interior panels black, and herculined the floor of the vehicle :)...and the car has a spray primer job for a while till i try that 50 dollar paint job :)
~Ahmed

Status
Not open for further replies.