Starting All Over Again Build!!!!!! 1990 Turbo Hardtop

BrownMK3Kid

Dec 12, 2010
Tampa Florida
Well I pretty much just couldnt stay away from a MK3 after all the work I put into my last one.

Link To Previous Build:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?609719-mk3-build-2j-swap

I dearly loved that car and had to sell it.

So my daily got in accident a week ago and I decided to pick this beaut up !!!! :)

1990 I believe it is a white package car. Hardtop turbo 5 speed! No31 car for 1990.

It looks cleaner than it is in that pic but slowly I will begin to clean it up to make a nice daily driver!

First mod I did was IS300 COP

I wrapped and cleaned up the harness I made for it after I knew it was all running and good to go.

Then today I finnally grabbed my Turbo A MOMO wheel that I had laying around and installed it and was able to make the horn work!!!! And I installed the horns from my wrecked LS400 since the mk3 horns sound pretty gay :gaybar:

BrownMK3Kid

Dec 12, 2010
Tampa Florida
Then I installed the PLX Wideband. I swear I feel like I've done this before.....LOL

Made in the good ol' USA PLX FTW

I know its idling really lean. I did some diagnosing and realized that the AFR's were only bad when the ecu was in open loop. So that pretty much told me it was the o2 sensor. The PLX happens to have a 0 to 1 volt output. So i wired that output into the stock 7mgte computer and it runs quite nicely I must say! idles and cruises right around 15.5 :1

BrownMK3Kid

Dec 12, 2010
Tampa Florida
Well update as of lately I picked a really clean dash! Here are some before and after pics!!

Im getting pretty happy with the interior. I feel like all I need now is both door panels, ebrake boot, both a pillar plastics, have the turbo a wheel recovered, and an ash tray for the interior to be spot on. Im pretty excited thus far ! :)

BrownMK3Kid

Dec 12, 2010
Tampa Florida
So im pretty stoked with this car right now!

But more parts are coming in slowly for the engine build and more suspension stuffs :)

I am so glad to be back in the game!!!

BrownMK3Kid

Dec 12, 2010
Tampa Florida
DeMoN2318;2027463 said:
What tires are those?

Dunlop Direzza Z2 Star Specs

Bogwon;2027470 said:
Nice project and welcome back sir!

Thank You!

slowma70;2027481 said:
looks real nice.. Wanna share some wheel specs..?

Thank You

Wheels are Saleen SC Reps 17x9 +22 with 1/4" spacer all the way around :)

Tires are Dunlop Direzza Z2 star specs 255/40/17 All the way around

maxburn;2027482 said:
Tires look like direzza z2s

Yes!

DeMoN2318;2027502 said:
Yea I think you are right.

Cool looking tires! wish they offered wider sizes though

Lol although i dont buy tires for the look yes they look very aggressive

And its meant to be more of a autocross time attack tire so i think that is their reasoning on the smaller sizes. Although they get very wide in 18's!!!

BrownMK3Kid

Dec 12, 2010
Tampa Florida
Thank you gents!!!! and yes I am getting parts together to build 700+hp 2jz VVTI :) (stock block, ported and polished head, BW S366, Titan 272's) Thats the meat and potatoes anyways lol