start injector time switch needed?

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
How important is this part? I havent had any issues other than a hellish noise yesterday. It seems to be cracked somehow (I have no clue as its not something I touch a lot)

If someone has one thats not busted I guess Im looking for one...

V

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Well, when your engine is not at operating temperature, it helps with starting. Think of it as the choke.

One thing though, it doesn't make any noise.

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Nick M;964048 said:
Well, when your engine is not at operating temperature, it helps with starting. Think of it as the choke.

One thing though, it doesn't make any noise.

Well I was dealing with a power steering issue and had to clean all of the 'runoff' from the pulleys and lower engine. Im hoping it was just some crud as it REALLY sounded like a bearing. I couldnt get under the hood fast enough to try to sound it out as I had remote started the car... Of course in the 'wiggle search' I noted the sensor was cracked where the plastic meets the brass. So I need to hunt one down. (or a whole thermostat assembly)

The car has been started and driven 4 times now from cold and hasnt made the noise at all and oil pressure was good as was the level.

Im in VA and the temps are moderate. 40s - 60s now.

V

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
It's a complicated bimetalic switch. ;)

You can run without it, it's not going to make much difference until you get close to freezing temps. I ran mine without it right through the winter, while I kept an eye on the forums here for a replacement. Found one recently, put it back in a couple weeks back, and I'm back on the road to the tune of ~$25.

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
GrimJack;964490 said:
It's a complicated bimetalic switch. ;)

You can run without it, it's not going to make much difference until you get close to freezing temps. I ran mine without it right through the winter, while I kept an eye on the forums here for a replacement. Found one recently, put it back in a couple weeks back, and I'm back on the road to the tune of ~$25.

Thats my plan too... I just wanted to make sure it wouldnt cause me issues with timing as in that most awesome CPS that hacked me off.

V