Standard BOV/Dump Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
Ok peeps. What ever you wanna call it, i'm looking for it & I can't find it!:aigo:

My car is standard and i'm assuming that my car has a BOV even though i've never heard it :nono:

So if anyone can show or tell me where to look and why it ain't working i'd be very happy :icon_bigg

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
remeniz said:
Ok peeps. What ever you wanna call it, i'm looking for it & I can't find it!:aigo:

My car is standard and i'm assuming that my car has a BOV even though i've never heard it :nono:

So if anyone can show or tell me where to look and why it ain't working i'd be very happy :icon_bigg

bov is top left of engine bay heres a linky...
http://www.ma70.com/bishop92t/techtips/7mlayout.jpg
go google bishops 92 supra..... some good info and more pics of engine bay in diff angles from the top and bottom of the car....go to tech tip and scroll to bottom...

u cant hear it cuz it stock get an aftermarket one if u want to hear it...if i were i'd get a boush bov that hold 20 psi or more....u cant hear but works better than most....

why dont u think its not working???cuz u cant hear it??? once u find if u can blow thru it its broken....

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
Woops! Sorry for the gramma. :icon_conf

Thanks for the help on this and i'll go check the link. :icon_razz

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
Ok.

I've had a look at the link, many thanks oscolivar1.

Can you explain the connections on the BOV? Two big ones and a small one on top.

:icon_bigg

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
The CBV (I think that's what the stock bypass valve is called) runs from the 3000 pipe (big pipe connected to your throttle body with "3000" stamped on it) to the CBV, Then the other side connected to the CBV goes to the accordian hose (conected to the turbo, it has a flex section on it the reminds people of an accordian).

When the throttle plate closes the extra air underpreasure goes from the 3000 pipe, into the CBV (it then opens) and sends the air back into the accordian hose to be recirculated back into the turbo ;).

The smaller hose on the CBV is the vacume hose (this hose actuates the CBV when the throttle plate closes).

Ninja edit:: Damn! You beat me too it ;)

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
You peeps are great. :icon_bigg

I knew what the BOV does I just thought the standard BOV was audible.

Time for a new one.

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
Why is the back pressure returned to 'pre turbo' instead of being released into the atmosphere?

Last edited:

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
In reality, your car doesnt have a bov. It has a bpv (bypass valve). If you want a simple upgrade, I too would recommend a Bosch 110 bpv. Ive heard its slightly more audible and is more durable if you have some mods on the way. Also, I've heard from many people (like said above) that a cone filter makes the purging sound more evident.

Here's a quick link:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
Ok.

I've been offered an HKS adjustable BOV that was removed from a Nissan 200ZX. It was used for a couple of weeks before he benched his 200ZX while drifting it in the wet :rofl:

Could it work on my motor being an adjustable one?

97TSiAWD

In need of more traction
Jul 18, 2006
Michigan
BOVs are universal. You'll need to get the HKS-specific mounting flange attached to your upper intercooler pipe, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.