Spring or Early Summer Meets ?

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Hi all

Got to meet many of you last June in Richmond. I am from PA but find that other than the Philly group you seem to be shall I say a closer knit group.

Many years ago when I restored VW's I attended some damn good meets, many at tracks similiar to MD INTL Raceway. There were many vendors, racing of course, and even the Budweiser girls.

I was never part of the planning, and I do realize that their group was much larger and had better industry support for aftermarket mods etc.

I did notice a Pinks all out episode filming there in June, just made me wonder if we had a resident 10 sec supra in our midst that we could all gather for to cheer on ? I am not saying it would be one of ours, just a supra mind you.

Anyway, looking forward to Spring up here. Have had a tough winter with alot of snow and cold temps. Supra went up on jack stands in late October, stabil and battery tender on.

I have purchased for March install mods the following. ST Sway Bars,BIC end links, Eibach Springs, Illumina 2's Works VS Wheels, V3 short shifter.

Lets hope it warms up soon ^^^

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
Hey Mark,
How have you been doing? I still remember your car and how clean it was:bigthumb: Put my car to shame...lol
The Richmond meet turned out so much better than I initially thought. It sucks that you are kind of far away but if everyone would like another meet in Richmond, I guess I could set something up again. Maybe this time we can all cruise to a mall and eat at a restaurant or something like that.

The mideast region on SM is only MD, OH, VA, and WV so at least PA members are still checking here:biglaugh: I think the hardest part would be to find a central location for everyone but I am still waiting to debut my new car I bought recently so lets get something together.:evil2:

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
ive sent nytefire a pm at in va beach where i know there are some other supra nuts seeing if they want to meet up. that 75/80 dragway place could be a goodtime also. i got my supra on the road so i wanna park it next to some other supras. i dont remember posting that post up above.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
D7MSupra;1261001 said:
ive sent nytefire a pm at in va beach where i know there are some other supra nuts seeing if they want to meet up. that 75/80 dragway place could be a goodtime also. i got my supra on the road so i wanna park it next to some other supras. i dont remember posting that post up above.

Hey another Richmond Va supra owner. Man there are alot more than i thought

D7MSupra;1261001 said:

Haha, joe was talking about us?? My car is back now too, just waiting for everyone else. Also, why go to 75/80 when dinnwiddie is closer. I know br86supra drags his stang there.

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
yeah dinnwiddie is like an hour and some change from us. Its a pretty good track if you ask me and its even 1/4 mile. but if your looking for an 1/8 mile, there is always hertford, NC. But shoot, im down for whatever, lets just have another freaking meet.

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Should we aim for June again? It'd be a year from our last one. Hopefully, it'll be enough time for everyone....I think? And maybe a new spot, just for variety? But I do appreciate Chris in putting last year's together. Good stuff, mayne! :bigthumb:

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
s000pra89T;1262596 said:
Should we aim for June again? It'd be a year from our last one. Hopefully, it'll be enough time for everyone....I think? And maybe a new spot, just for variety? But I do appreciate Chris in putting last year's together. Good stuff, mayne! :bigthumb:

I think the only problem with meets is that everyone wants one but no one wants to put one together. That is the reason why i said screw it and went ahead and put the Richmond one together last year. I just said if the meet sucks, it sucks and if its great, its great. Only thing that worried me was if the meet sucked, i would be the blame for it:biglaugh:
Hopefully something will work out but if we get closer to the summertime but if nothing is getting coordinated, ill just put together another Richmond meet and somehow make it better than the last one :evil2:

EDIT: I guess it also depends what you all want to do. I see some suggestions for 1/4 mile tracks. Do you guys want to drag your cars or do you want a meet and greet type of event. Also please make any suggestions you might have that might be of use in coordinating a meet.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
I wish we could have coordinated something for this weekend. Its supposed to be 67 on friday, 77 on sat, and 78 on sunday:eek:

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
I would love to come but its gonna be Supraless, im not gonna start the swap until at least 1st of May... Should take a month and a couple of weeks for any problems that we all know will come up...

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
applesauce;1263484 said:
I would love to come but its gonna be Supraless, im not gonna start the swap until at least 1st of May... Should take a month and a couple of weeks for any problems that we all know will come up...

Supraless? you ha, are you forgetting about me? ill be supraless at least for another year if not longer. but ill def be there.