Spring MN Supra meet! Saturday April 16th

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I am unsure about any of the old school modded ECU's. Mines and Techtom both did them, but if I remember right, they were for the stock setup The lex/550 trick still requires a piggyback to fine-tune it as far as I know.

As for the pins, which ones did you need? If you're trying to re-pin the old and new style injector clips- it won't work :( I tried, they use a different holding fixture within the connector. Only 2 options are to splice in new pigtails that fit the new injectors, or make jumper harnesses that plug into the stock connectors and have the right style connector at the other end. I've seen some really nice jumpers on here...

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
the rc injectors use a nissan plug. ford also uses this style plug dorman carrys the pins... il bring one with to the meet un pinned and explain myself further
im looking to replace the pin on my harness and use the bosch plug end for the rc injectors. i just dont want to have a splice in the harness id rather just repin the wire and have the correct plug.

according to the rcts site you need nothing else with this ecu for tuning but i will be watching it on the wideband. its supposed to be good to 1.5 bar with the lex and 550s. il have the afpr and walbro also for a little fine tuning. here is the site http://www.suprasonic.org/sonictech/techtom/

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
fixitman04;1700132 said:
the rc injectors use a nissan plug. ford also uses this style plug dorman carrys the pins... il bring one with to the meet un pinned and explain myself further
im looking to replace the pin on my harness and use the bosch plug end for the rc injectors. i just dont want to have a splice in the harness id rather just repin the wire and have the correct plug.

according to the rcts site you need nothing else with this ecu for tuning but i will be watching it on the wideband. its supposed to be good to 1.5 bar with the lex and 550s. il have the afpr and walbro also for a little fine tuning. here is the site http://www.suprasonic.org/sonictech/techtom/

An boom goes your engine!

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
why do you say that

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

i have no intentions of running 1.5bar.... it just says its capable.... im not gonna run more than about 15psi.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
About 2.5" of snow have fallen in Stillwater so far. It's expected to snow through about noon tomorrow.

Also, horrible luck, the alternator on Blue Supra bit the bullet, so it's been stranded in St. Cloud. The white Supra is here however, and will be arriving with mismatched wheels and an exhaust leak!

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
good turnout fellas even if some of you had to drive in 8 feet of snow to get there ;)

hopefully it won't be as bad next meet and maybe ill have the supra running *cough*

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
inches.... not feet..... damn i wish the women in my life were that generous with measurements.... im home...much better drive home.

did run into an issue on the way home though.... my coolant bottle puking issue is back. no overheating on either of my gauges(toyota and aftermarket) no milkshake oil undercap or otherwise. brand new stant cap at the end of last year and the test strips for the coolant show no combustion gas. what the hell is going on? it only does it after a boosting run on cooldown with the engine off. no leaking while running.

could the turbo be pressurizing the coolant system?

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Turbo can't pressurize the coolant without major contamination (oil or gasses) and even so. I'm guessing you are out of cooling capacity, I'd start with a new T-stat (dealer/Toyota only) and maybe an upgrade radiator (can be had for around 235 or so) an oem replacement rad would be OK, but with your goals in mind, I'd say Mishimoto (mainly for their warranty)

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
it is a two year old toyota radiator replaced after my first headgasket popped. maybe the t-stat. i havent done that yet

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

so you are thinking ts overheating after shut it down?

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
flush out the entire system with a super radiator flush before changing the t-stat, then. If you do it right, you'll boost the performance of the whole cooling system by cleaning off BHG residue (even if you did it for the HG job, I'd do it again) Then flush the entire system with water, new stat and fill :)

Edit response to Edit: I'd leave the key on after a boosted run after shutdown to see if the gauge picks up the temp rise, otherwise it could be the rad cap. Again, I'd say stick with toyota for the cap and t-stat.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
or could watch the aftermarket mechanical gauge that doesnt need power. im gonna have to do some more investigating on this one i guess.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
I have seen a cracked CT26 charge up the cooling system before also....

But my guess would be you boost it and it heat soaks the coolant, maybe a higher pressure cap?

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
yea mid may sounds awesome. i was gonna go but i decided to work on my supra instead. pretty sure my harmonic balencer is shot and the wobbling is making the knock sensor pull a ton of timing. anyone got balencer sitting around they wanna give me a deal on?