Sports roof rare?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
the moon/sun roof on a targa's been done, it was on a red 91 I found once on google, can't find it again, however...

but those that say a moon/sunroof = targa open motoring, are wrong..

a FULL targa is way better, that's why Vettes, Ferrari's, and even the Koeinsegg CCX are TARGA...

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
intense_2jz said:
superdragger_10.jpg

look at that cool azz top! if youre the owner of this car, and dont want me to post it i'll take it down =)
\hummm that car looks familiar... (runs and looks in garage....) yup definately familiar! :evil2:

metal sunroofs = ftw!

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Moon/sun roof is just a girly version of a full on Targa (Sport Roof), I guess only real men can Handle taking it on and off. The sun/moon roof must have been developed for the Girly folk would rather just push a button to resist breaking a nail.......

:biglaugh: :evil2: :thefinger :yelrotflm

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Just be glad toyota made the car with 3 different options so you don't have to get stuck with something you don't like.

That's part of what I like about the A70. It can in so many different forms and trims. There's something for everybody. Pre89, 89+, euro, us, jdm, 7m, 1g, 1j, hardtop, sunroof, targa, TEMS, non TEMS, etc etc.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
I saw a car with an ASC power moonroof taken apart, and they had actually used a cutup indoor house extension cord to power the motor. I pulled the switch on mine because I was having problems and it was very poorly installed to say the least. Also, I've seen a few of these ASC moonroof installs now and I've also noticed they are all done differently.

If I had to guess, I'd say the dealers brought in ASC to do this to their cars on the lot, at least judging by the quality of the installs.

mk3ftMFw

Mini Toon Burnout!! FTW!!
Jan 24, 2007
Cincy
Mine's an '88 with a metal sunroof, I swapped it with glass last summer... The electronics are OEM.. but i think it was a dealer option. I've been told its really rare, but i'm not completely sure.

p810739_1.jpg

I

intense_2jz

mk3ftMFw said:
Mine's an '88 with a metal sunroof, I swapped it with glass last summer... The electronics are OEM.. but i think it was a dealer option. I've been told its really rare, but i'm not completely sure.

p810811_1.jpg
cool =D

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
mk3ftMFw said:

Sounds pretty rare, where is the switch for it? The look of it reminds me of the ASC roof, but I've never heard of them doing a metal one.

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
mk3ftMFw said:

p810837_1.jpg

Looks quite a bit like mine. The finish looks good inside and out, but the controller was just stuffed on the driver's side near the fuse box. The stop isn't set well either. If I hold the button to the close position to long, the sunroof goes past the car roof and doesn't seal well.

I'm glad I have mine. I will get in there and fix the minor little problems with it sometime. The sunroof isn't top priority atm though.