Speed's Completely Unspeedy 1JZ. 56k is so 1990's

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Thanks Quarky. While the car is out at paint, i'm working on finishing up the interior... here's a pic of some new goodies:

DSC_0094.jpg

I'm probably going to paint the silver ont he wheel a flat black just so it doesn't stand out so much.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
speed;1098384 said:
Thanks Quarky. While the car is out at paint, i'm working on finishing up the interior... here's a pic of some new goodies:

I'm probably going to paint the silver ont he wheel a flat black just so it doesn't stand out so much.

Very nice. What models are they?

Also, where did you get that horn button? I have been looking for one of those.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
mobes;1098394 said:
Very nice. What models are they?

Also, where did you get that horn button? I have been looking for one of those.

Well, I would hop on ebay once a month or so and look at steering wheels.. knowing mine is crap, and i need a new one. Well, but coincidence, i found one which was mislabeled, and then look at the seller's other items - I got 2 steering wheels ( different sizes and styles ), and a shiftknob for a ridiculous steal! I got 2 figuring whichever one i didn't like i could resell... and they were cheap enough that I could afford to do so. All 3 have real carbon fiber, are pretty well made. They're made by http://www.m-1000.com/... but i can't read any of that, but thats whats on the box.

The hub is a Worksbell ( http://www.worksbell.co.jp/en/products/boss/index.htm) I bought from a member here on SM. the horn button also has cruise control built in, and plugs directly into the stock harness! So, when i eventually put CC back in on my car, it'll be ready to go. Pretty damn neat if i say so myself.

mk3supra91

Jun 21, 2007
Jersey
speed;1096186 said:
Depends what you buy. If you buy a full front clip, then doing the swap is very easy, all you'd really need are the BIC motor mounts. However, changing the harness to match the plugs behind the dash (for everything except the ECU) is harder on a 87 than on an 89+, but there are tons of resources for you to use. Its a pretty straightforward swap, it just really depends on what comes with your motor, and if you plan on any mods during the swap or not.

PM me when you start your swap and I'll give you any advice i can.

I see you did the swap with out the front clip.and the motor was out of a jza70 so was the swap still a pain in the ass with out the clip?

How difficault it the wiring with out a front clip?

Thanks for any advice.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
Well, there was a fuckup with the painter, so HOPEFULLY this isn't how it'll permanently look, but its ongoing.. ugh.

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

fenders, trim are the right color (smokey granite mica... aka "grey"), while the rest of the body is the same color in shade, once hit with direct light, it's black. :nono:

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
Zumtizzle;1121232 said:
what act clutch do you have?

ACT + Stock PP? :)

Its the 6puk CK sells. It grips like a motherfucker. And the pressure plate is from my previous clutch setup... RPS i believe? It's HEAVY. Downtown city driving sucks bawlz.

And thanks for the compliments.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
Well after a month of back and forths with the painter, and some good luck, the car went back into paint today.

Some other developments, new exhaust on the car, no more of that fart can apex-n1 crap. I put on a magnaflow twin tip, which is quieter, looks cleaner, and most importantly... Doesn't drone!!!
Um, oh yea, throw out bearing is squealing a little bit, and the driveshaft support bearing is loose and wobbly. So when I get the car back from paint, it's getting put on jacks and those will get replaced while the paint cures (for the 2nd time....)

And if you didn't see it in my photography thread, here is a pic of the car as of 2 weeks ago:
2864487942_91b10fc4dc_o.jpg

With the RIGHT paint on it, hopefully it should be what i'm looking for. (Ridiculously dark grey)

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
dark grey supras are FTW

looks like you're darker than i am, but its hard to tell, cant wait to see if back out of paint...again