Southern Rebuild: Finished!

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Tonight was the first night on the road for my 88 N/A.

My build consist of:

Shaved Head
Decked block
Unknown 7M cams with lobe height of approx 40 MM. (Only identifying mark on them is a number 6. Found them in another 7MGE pulled from a 86.5 Supra.)
6M crank
Cat delete
2.5 in exhaust system with Dynomax Turbo muffler

C/R Estimated at 10.3:1 or higher.
Fuel Mixture: 10 gallons of 93 octane to 1 gallon of 110 octane

Hard to believe that this motor is just my daily driver motor.
Shit I'll finish this post later. I'm going for another drive. See ya's :evil5:

Yea A.D.D. owns me.... Acceleration/Deceleration Disorder

Last edited:

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Today I finally got the exhaust put on my car. I was running around with just the exhaust manifold. Yea I know zero back pressure is not good. First gear always felt slow to me and second wasn't any better. But now that I got the exhaust system finally put on. OMG what a performance difference... It's as different as night and day. The sound of the Dynomax muffler is very quiet at low RPMs. And around 3000 RPMs the motor really wakes ups. I'm very happy with the choice I made. The 2.5 inch piping with no cat and the Dynomax Turbo muffler was just what the car needed. My friend was standing about 5 feet behind the car and his legs were getting hit with the force of the exhaust when I was showing off the new exhaust system by revving the motor to 4000 RPMs. Next step is tires and suspension work. It likes to pull to the right under acceleration.

I'm waiting for the break-in period to be done with so I can see what this motor is capable of doing. I'm keeping it under 4000 RPMs until I put on at least 500 miles. I might take it to the track and see what it can do.