Sound normal? Fuel cut/PSi?

Chris-Supra

Apr 1, 2005
Minneapolis/Lakeville, Minnesota
Ok, car runs great and all just want to see if this was normal. Hear me out :)

My mods are-
K&N Cone Filter
MAF/T and 3" MAF
BIC DDP
Porsce 110 BPV
60trim CT upgrade

Stock ct26 will hit fuel cut around 12-14psi correct? I am hitting FC around 9psi with my 60trim. That would be normal correct? considering its pushing more air?

It just barely hits cut though, I took out 4% at 5500 on my maf/t and it eliminated the FC. (Car will get properly dyno tuned with wideband 02 next friday)

Also, what should I expect for hp/tq with my setup? I'm hoping for over 300, perhaps 325 would be nice. I have a MBC I just built and hope to max out the stock fuel system next friday. What should I expect for power?

Thanks
Chris

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
yep... i have almost the same mods just additional 2 1/2" hardpipes & big ass intercooler and i'm hitting cut at 9psi...
i would just give your ic pipes a checkover and make sure there aren't any leaks

with my setup i got 278whp.. but that's on our dyno's.. apparently ours read differently to yours
gl with the dyno :D
oh and i was running stock fuel system also.. was running 11.7:1 air fuel's with that setup :)

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Correct, fuel cut will shift around depending on turbo. That's because FCO isn't based on boost, it's based on airflow, temperature, RPM and throttle position.

Chris-Supra

Apr 1, 2005
Minneapolis/Lakeville, Minnesota
Ok new question.

Got my car on the dyno and had boost creep problems creeping up to 14-15psi up high and the af's got up to 13 at that point (14-15psi) which is not cool. Made 346rwhp though :) so I brought the car home and ported my wastegate and no more boostcreep. Good. Now I'm wondering if this sounds right-

Got my maf/t have it set for 440's, and have idle and mid both set 2 clicks rich to keep the VF signal around 2.5ish while normal driving and wot -5% in maf mode (-5% across the board, I had it like this for the dyno too and af's were 11.2-11.5ish until 5500 when the boost creep starts, then everything got screwy).

Settings
Base - 2
Idle - 2
Mid - 2
Wot - F (-5)

With it set to 12psi and above MAF/T settings I can go without fuel cut on a warm day, at night when it cools off I hit fuel cut. If I take out another 2% in RPM mode I can just barely get by FC unless it gets really cool out.

Does this sound right or should I be able to boost higher? I'm trying to make the best of my current setup as I dont have the current funds to buy injectors yet. A walbro will be coming soon though. Perhaps my stock injectors need to be cleaned or I need a new fuel filter?

Also, If I am able to run with -5% across the board and get low 11 afr's and have the boost set to say 12psi on a nice day, could I clamp the signal to the ECU with the maf/t to eliminate FC alltogether and be safe on cool nights? I wouldnt want to be going too lean on a cool night.

Thanks
Chris