someone should close this guy down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No, a manual MK3 is only 3300 lbs (roughly) not 3800 lbs... the auto is closer to 3600. Most sports cars of that era are in that weight range.. In order to sacrifice weight (OEM) you have to get rid of parts... I like that they left safety alone.

I left the road in an 80 Celica wearing no seatbelt at about 60 mph and hit a huge rock and a tree. The car was toast, but I walked away. (no seatbelt on, no air bag) The metal between me and the objects saved my life (The driver side fender was pushed from front to back to the point it was about 3" thick). The bruises on my leg were the only indication I was in a wreck and they also taught me to wear the seatbelt because if it wasn't for the steering wheel, I would not be here...

Unfortunately.. its the internet and there are people who are misinformed. This is just a case of a person with a little info spouting off. He touches on a lot of little issues that may be a concern to some.. but in general this is a 21-27 year old model. If your buying one, your going to be fixing things. The Supra community has solutions for any complaint.

This is definitely not a car for everybody. I wouldn't let my kids buy one. However.. I like that its a unique Touring Sedan with a lot of sporty flavor. I cannot go anywhere without drawing eyes, comments, thumbs-up and the odd followers. Oddly enough.. when driving on the highway I get a lot of BMW folk riding beside me.

Its actually 2+ years old, but I like reading it..

It raises my temperature a bit.. lol

I just found out he's in BC... I may just hunt him down...

Last edited:

SPOOLINLUST

Feb 24, 2011
nnj
Haha, I found that B.S. the other day searching for parts and what not, dude hates his life to waste that much time and energy hating on a car.

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
SPOOLINLUST;1905352 said:
Haha, I found that B.S. the other day searching for parts and what not, dude hates his life to waste that much time and energy hating on a car.

i would have to agree with you on that one.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
Ya I've seen this before and he's completely wrong about everything. Except I agree that the bump steer is terrible (if you've ever driven your supra without PS you'll know how bad it is). Steering dampers should not ever be needed and do ruin feedback. But the part about the suspension geometry ROFL!!! who wants McPherson struts??? Short-Long A arms are very simple and much better, that is why they are used in ummm... Formula 1 and most other race cars.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
i can't believe anyone was stupid enough to respond to that idiot. everyone has an opinion, but this guy obviously is ignorant so why even engage him? it just makes all of us look unsophisticated, and i know that is not the case for many of us.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Grandavi;1905370 said:
I like his other Corolla stuff though...

What I wouldn't give to drop a 7m into a 73 corolla...

My buddy has 76 hatch corolla with 2j and v160 it's a blast!

Since when does racing pedigree make a car good?

Status
Not open for further replies.