SOLVED: Supra Crank No Start

Djaxle

Aug 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Hey guys, I got a 1991 Supra Turbo, it's got a lot of mods, but still on stock harness and ECU. It's a 2jzge, t70 turbo, lex AFM, 550cc injectors, and ffim. I tried cranking it after a full rebuild, and it would crank but not start. No fuel or spark. Looks like ECU is either not getting power, or putting out a signal. Check engine light does not illuminate.

I don't know if this matters but I have two ground wires. Both 2 gauge one from the block to chassis and one from transmission to chassis. Fuel injector ground is connected to the body, not intake manifold.

Last edited:

585Soup

Mar 12, 2015
Colorado
It wouldn't hurt to test out that ground but I don't think it's going to make a difference for block or body. Both are grounds anyways.

585Soup

Mar 12, 2015
Colorado
Change your ground points. Just move it from the body to another part of the bay. As long as the metal is bare and has a solid connection, it should ground out.

Djaxle

Aug 2, 2014
Wisconsin
SOLVED! Didnt realize there were 2 grounds under the intake. One with brown wires and one with white/black wires. Measured ECU pins E01 & E02 and had no continuity between those and ground. Found the grounds and bolted them to the frame. Check engine light illuminates!!

Reactions: alcyon