Sold my Supra today!

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Well, she's gone now. I sold her to a 17 year old kid for $550 bucks. There were only a few things wrong with it. It failed it's Japanese Compulisory Inspection. They failed it for being 9 CM too low, the rear tires sticking out from the fenders(they are 255/40R-17's) My front tires were too worn down, not quite to the wear bars but close. And my exhaust was too loud, 104 DB's @ 4500 RPM's. It also got marked for a few small things, nothing major though. That's why I sold it for so cheap, and also because I am moving back to the States next Saturday. Basically JCI works like this, it doesnt pass the inspection then you cant register it. Pretty gay if you ask me. But I digress. My first Supra is gone and I am kinda bummed about it...:nono:

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
OneJoeZee said:
That's ok, man. Now you can come back to the states and buy a Supra with a real motor in it. :)

LOL... I've been looking at Supra's up in OR and the only ones I can find are ones with 160 thousand some odd miles and kinda pricey... Plus I also gotta sell my truck before I can buy another Supra.

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I could probably be talked into selling you Lucy when I get back up there. Im torn about selling or keeping but for the right price I would part with her. Since her complete rebuild she is a whole new car. Almost in need of a name change, lol.

Either way, hopefully we can meet up in the NW soon. You have a living situation worked out already?

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
my first ended like this:
p633410_1.jpg

and the last time i saw it, it looked like this:
p633410_2.jpg

i was sad, but i got a new one, and to my suprise, i actually like it better. And ya, if you moved here to Canada, you could have brought it with you

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
theWeezL said:
I could probably be talked into selling you Lucy when I get back up there. Im torn about selling or keeping but for the right price I would part with her. Since her complete rebuild she is a whole new car. Almost in need of a name change, lol.

Either way, hopefully we can meet up in the NW soon. You have a living situation worked out already?

Sort of. I will chill with my dad for a minute in Salem. Probably only a few weeks until I get a job. I am looking for a job/place up in the Portland area. But if a decent paying job comes along in Salem or Albany/Corvallis or even Eugene I wouldn't mind living in either of those places as well.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
RHDMK3 said:
Sort of. I will chill with my dad for a minute in Salem. Probably only a few weeks until I get a job. I am looking for a job/place up in the Portland area. But if a decent paying job comes along in Salem or Albany/Corvallis or even Eugene I wouldn't mind living in either of those places as well.
I've lived in four of those five cities (well Beaverton, not Portland). Currently in Salem until September.

South Salem is pretty nice, but I wouldn't want to live/work in northeast Salem. I really liked living in Beaverton, and there's a lot more opportunities up in the Portland area, but it is more expensive to live there.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
RHDMK3 said:

Well we are gonna have to get together then because when I get up there I will probably stay with my sister for a little while in Salem as well while looking for a job and a place in Portland, lol. Looks like we have similiar situations brewing. Tim up in Oly is still deciding where he is going to go to school this next year but Maybe we can convince him to go to Portland.

We could start that "Supra Commune" we discussed in that other thread. :naughty:
That would be fun.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
swaq said:
I've lived in four of those five cities (well Beaverton, not Portland). Currently in Salem until September.

South Salem is pretty nice, but I wouldn't want to live/work in northeast Salem. I really liked living in Beaverton, and there's a lot more opportunities up in the Portland area, but it is more expensive to live there.

Yeah my Dad lives in South Salem. I graduated high school in Albany. So I am familiar with both of those places. But I am originally from Portland. I found a few places I am interested in mostly in downtown, NE, I also found a nice studio apt. in Lake Oswego, & a nice apt in Garden Home(SW Portland) as well.