So You Think You Can Play The Drums? This Guy Does One Better...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
So I was coming home from class and I went down to take the train to come home. I walk down the stairs and here some drums playing. This is nothing new in a NYC subway, so I kept walking on the platform to get to the area where the car I usually take will stop. I then saw the guy who was playing this beat and enjoyed reading my Import Tuner magazine while listening to a darn good beat plus I had to tip the guy as well. Talk about skills. The distortion you might hear are the other trains in the station entering and leaving.

Enjoy...

[video=youtube_share;3DVsTd2DVII]http://youtu.be/3DVsTd2DVII[/video]

[video=youtube_share;MiYOszXFSRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiYOszXFSRM[/video]

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Wow, Neil Peart is really slumming it these days... not bad. :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I have seen others and there is a guy who people know at the Times Square Station as "Tony Pots And Pan," but he talks more than he plays and sucks.

This guy is the best I have heard out of all these guys.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
I added mini-toms to one of my floor toms. I made them out of plastic Folgers coffee cans, and besides the first and smallest, I cut up consecutive cans and taped them together to make four different tones. Worked surprisingly well...

He is pretty good. =P

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
Thats epic, made me go play my drums for 20 minutes freestyle. What's awesome is with random items and some decent acoustics, you can create awesome beats and drum rhythms. Its awesome seeing that, he looks like hes playing just for fun, id love to pitch a 20 in his hat and sit and watch for a while.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Yeap. My friend saw him and tipped him as well. It's always make me wonder if people like this hit it big, what would the music industry be like....you know...with actual musicians instead of the idiots who make music now.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1789453 said:
Yeap. My friend saw him and tipped him as well. It's always make me wonder if people like this hit it big, what would the music industry be like....you know...with actual musicians instead of the idiots who make music now.
You old enough to remember a world before itunes? That's what it was like. ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Old enough to appreciate having owned cassette tapes and remembering when a band had to be truly special to make it in the world AS a band. :)