So Tonight was my First time Drag Racing...

kmfdmk

Old School Cool
Went to PIR tonight. Did my first drag race ever. It was a lot of fun, until I broke something after my 7th or 8th run. Thinking I broke the fork for 5th/Reverse. Managed to get the transmission OUT of gear, then didn't want to go back into gear. THEN I was able to get it into gear but only for a minute. When I parked it @ the track, SHIFTER was in neutral, but tranny is permanantly in 5th gear... This sucks.

Also I went SLOWER on Falken Azenis RT-615 195-60-14's than I did with 215-60-14's of generic brand. My launches suck, I get wheel hop or wheel spin... This is a difficult sport to master, and one that I think I'd rather let others do such. I may go a second time later this summer, but for now I'm going to stick to auto-X, drifting and track days. Absolutely LESS abusive, even drifting.

Anyways, my fastest run was also my FIRST EVER run. Go me. Even with a retardedly slow reaction time.

Car 195F
R/T .902
60' 2.172
1/8 8.558 @ 88.57mph
1/4 12.881 @ 112.82mph

0418090035_G.sized.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Maybe drifting prepared your car for tearing up at the drag strip.

Honestly, a MKII rear end is crap. The average MKII rear probably isn't beefy enough to handle a 12 second car.

Really a great time for a first timer at the track, especially if you were having that many problems.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good job. I think the first pass I ever made took me about thirteen seconds............in an eighth.

I was in a Ford ranger.