So... Someone hit my car in the car park at work yesterday

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Thats bullshit

The nerve of some people astound me. That sort of damage you would definately leave a name and number, no doubt about it.
I hope you find out who did it and get every cent you deserve.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Matt, THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!! :boobies:

Poo - Nope. Did a walk around all the car in the carpark, and none of the cars with towbars had any gold paint on them. Boss also sent an email to each business in the building, and still no one has come forward.

Golli - I doubt I'm going to see a single cent :(

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
What is the news on the frame? Is it bent? Fixable? Is it bad?

Good to hear it's coming along.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
That sucks... Someone side swiped my Honda not too long ago. I knew exactly who did it, but have never seen them again. I knew I shouldn't have parked next to that truck...

What's wrong with the intercooler besides a few bent fins? Those could be fixed with a comb. Or is there some hidden damage?

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Haven't dropped it out to have a proper look, but I think it could be fixed with a pick.

I'm just pissed off because it's brand new.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Lol yeah.

If I found the person responsible, I would have made them replace it, but at the moment, will just try and striaghten it all out because money is pretty tight.

2 good things to come from this:

- Full respray
- Made me get of my ass and organise insurance

I asked the insurance co for $10,000 agreed value, and I thought that was pushing it.

Sent in pics and a mod list, and they want to go to $15,000!!!!!!!!!!!! :boobies:

After the respray, will probably get it up to $20K, and then once all the other goodies are in, they will add another $15,000 value on top.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Nearly fell off my chair when the guy called back and said they want to go to $15K!

I honestly thought asking for $10K was pushing the limits and that they would get back to me and say maybe $7 or $8K.

I had to provide pictures of the car at all angles, as well as a comprehensive list of everything done.

Given I paid $5,500 for the car, I'm stoked!!!

Policy comes in at $1500 per year, with a $500 excess on any claim, plus I get salvage rights and choice of repairer. If the car is damaged at any event away from home, I will get a free tow home + accommodation if needed. (Absolutely awesome, as Toyota nationals are coming up in 6 weeks, and it's a weekend of motorkhana and drags!)

I'm also in the process of moving my contents insurance over to this company, as they will cover up to $10K in tools and parts inside the house, on top of the agreed contents value.

little_chari

Jan 20, 2010
Armidale
LilMissMkIII;1515203 said:
It looks no where near as bad in pics as it actually is.

that sucks. grrrrrr!

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

after someone spraypainted my car i have become extra sensitive to this kind of stuff. lucky your insurance is all good. did it get finished in time for nationals?

Last edited by a moderator:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I saw this and thought "Again? didn't this poor girl just get hit a couple of months ago?!?!" --- then I realized someone is playing thread necromancer... :: cough ::