So its finally happened the knock

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
So the car was on the road for 2 whole weeks and then someone came knocking on my block. :3d_frown:

i had a bit of a tap before but didnt sound like knock. i went away on a business trip and then came back to find a nice knock when i started the car. so strange that it was running like a dream then come home and the seccond i start it knock knock...

i checked all the usual things like crank pully but no such luck. defo knocking.

on a brighter note i got a clean 1990 turbo auto that i'm just gonna rip the engine out of and fix up. this new motor is going to be aiming for 400 - 450 whp then put that in black beauty.

shouldnt be to hard should it? and other than the gearbox which i'l be ditching anything else dif on the auto engine? other than a few vacuums?

oh btw i believe the issue with the rod knock was caused by oil leaking from the head (which i had planned on fixing) from when the garage did the hg which they did an awfull job. but hey ho shouldnt slate someones work even if it has cost me over £800 and a new engine to resolved :( my fault for not dealing with it sooner i guess.

this engine i'm just gonna do myself pull it and clean it mhg +arp's for start that should hold pretty well.

anyway enough esseys just not been on here for a while though't i'd update you all.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
rtrdpenguin;1176270 said:
I just got a kuhnock kuhnock recently too. But hey, it's a good excuse for a new engine!

thats exactly what i thought. pull the new engine and strip her clean rebuild and BAM got a nice motor. :)

expect a nice new build to start on the 27th - 28th of this month. (thats when i pick the new car up) :naughty:

this time all the work is getting done by myself. so i'm gonna need some help ;) i know thats why i joined the forum haha. the only headgasket i'v ever replaced myself was in a sohc civic so yea. :biglaugh:

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle

sogi99

Jan 2, 2008
Elk Grove, CA
Mine's the same I just developed one but it doesn't tap as loud as yours. I grounded the car I have to pull the engine out and have the block rebuilt.:1zhelp:.
I have to disassemble the motor except the block since I don't have a hoist to pull it out. I've done the headgasket on this motor recently about January and I got a rod knock oh well. The rebuild wasn't in my budget at the time, now it is. good luck

Wow, that's a loud one! Mine was barely there when I noticed it, so I tried replacing the bearings by dropping the subframe/oil pan but it came back in like 10 minutes =( I figure with a rebuild I'll at least know the car will be reliable.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
oh yeah thats rod knock!

drive on it like that for about a month then it will sound like you poured gravel into your oil pan. :rofl:

for me it was a good excuess to get another motor.