So I thought I would messa round with the Climate Control

xt32

Supra Junky
Mar 31, 2005
New Jersey
I worked on this awhile ago, but never could test it because i was in the middle of a rebuild down to the chassi. But since then I've decided to complete my project with another chassi, and so i was able to finaly test it out a year or two later. I'm not gonna use it in my car, I had a entire blue led kit that I made for the gauge cluster too, but this project brings some new ideas to my current car... perhaps white and red would look good with a black car?

HVAC.jpg

HVAC%20Dash.jpg

HVAC%20Light.jpg

What do you think?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
can you post up where you got the display, as well as the part number for it? i've been meaning to switch mine to all red, but havent been able to source the display in red...

-shaeff

Bullz_EyE

ToP DeaD CenTeR
Jan 26, 2006
San Diego, CA
That looks great. Red LED's aren't really as bright as other colors. This many not be a big deal to you though. I like the blue, but stick with a color you like. Good job on that mod.

Apr 4, 2005
california
Bullz_EyE said:
That looks great. Red LED's aren't really as bright as other colors. This many not be a big deal to you though. I like the blue, but stick with a color you like. Good job on that mod.

tell me about it... my gauge cluster light is dim....

and its not a repaint one iether its a red bulb replacement of kragen...

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
Looks great, kind off looks like the last gen of jetta and golfs.
I have seen it done to the key hole also, and to the gauges...sorry no pics.
LED just wires into the original wire?

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Looks good, Like shaeff asked, do you have a part number for the red digits, I just put a new CC in mine and put in red LEDs but could not find a red display that worked.

xt32

Supra Junky
Mar 31, 2005
New Jersey
Ah' yes about the red digits, the pics make them look a tad better, they are really redish/oragne more on the red side. It's the same display, i just cut off the green plastic housing, and then used red filters (actually red see through report covers), it came out pretty good really if i do say so myself. I got some pics of when i did the mod, I'll see if i can find them again so I can show you how i did it. Thanks