So I got my car back.

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
After much withdrawal, and long months of procrastination I finally have a car again! The new auto tranny is some seriously hot titz! The car runs amazingly, and when it shifts you almost don't feel it, its that smooth. Yet for some reason, I'm afraid to drive it. I'm just waiting for something to break or the birdcage to come on. Well, its not so much afraid, I guess just after so much withdrawal, the idea of something going wrong is still fresh in my mind.
So yea the tranny is rebuilt, and I got it from another car that was run without oil apparently, and thats about it! I figured I would share my excitement with you guys and gals.

-Joe

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Hey, I understand ! After my valve job and BHG, over a year ago, I still check everything, all the time, and monitor the gages like a hawk.

Its been fine all along, but, after all, it is an MK3.:nono:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
confidence is a fleeting feeling...one day you can feel secure and jump in your car and feel like you can drive anywhere...but once you have a breakdown, it will always be in the back of your mind.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
I know the paranoid feeling. For the first 6 months (I've only had it just over 7 months now) I had my Supra, everytime I took it out I broke down and had to be towed back, haha. Only recently have I been able to actually drive it places and I'm still always scared to death that something else is gonna happen. I watch the gauges like a hawk and listen for any changes in ANYTHING

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
if you think you can just turn the key and go your wrong! of course you have to monitor everything. i don't like the idea of taking mine out of town for fear that something wil go horrible wrong and i wont have the proper tools to fix it.