Snow's 92 2JZGTE Build - (Pics updated 3/3/29)

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
wow

the paint was coming off from the scrubbing. Yea that 7M was nasty, but then again which one isn't.

Like father like son is the truth when it comes to your boy chris. we man handled that pig and got it out of there in no time. can't wait to see it painted.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
csnow;901375 said:
I doubt I will ever race this car. I just want a fun car that looks nice.

i mean race ya to finish swap! LOL i doubt i'll race mine either :biglaugh:

should be getting my map ecu 2 in a week :love:

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I am sure you will win. I am just trying to find a body shop that is honest in this area. I have been getting the run around from the last two. The MAP 2 is nice. I was kinda surprised at how small it is. Looks bigger in all the pics I have seen....lol

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
csnow;904145 said:
I am sure you will win. I am just trying to find a body shop that is honest in this area. I have been getting the run around from the last two. The MAP 2 is nice. I was kinda surprised at how small it is. Looks bigger in all the pics I have seen....lol

i have a "thing" about taking my car to any shop - and i do *not* trust body shops.

and as long as i can fit it behind my glove compartment its all good Lol

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Car was trailed off today. She is going to the painter :wave::wave::wave:

After hours and hours of looking at colors and paint chips, I finally made my decision. I was torn between various blacks, dark greens, and grays. The color I chose is called Smoky Granite Mica. I love the color. It changes shades dramatically based on lighting.

Not sure if anyone has painted their car this color yet. Well, here are the pics of the color. Tell me what you think.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Well the bay is done. The white you see is flash wash out. There was a little white showing from a tape line on the inside edge of the shock tower. That has been fixed since the pics were taken. The lighting is bad and the pictures don't do the color justice. I will also paint around the steering column black.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Thanks Dre.... it is finally starting to come together. The interior should be done tomorrow. The car wont be back until next week, they still have to pull the doors to cut in the jams and inner door, pull the windshield and spray there, mount the spoiler, spray the hatch, and trunk area.

Next weekend, I hope to get all the harness and stuff back in so the 2J will be ready to drop in. Once it is running, it will go back to paint for the outside.

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
tsuper92;915024 said:
very nice chris,hope the motor is nice and clean too;)

Just got back from working on the motor tonight. It wont be polished or anything, but it will be clean and the block will be painted. I am thinking about painting the intake and throttle body black. I got the center cover painted the same color as the bay.