Smoking! Turbo or Stem seals???

NADude98

Apr 5, 2006
Terre Haute, IN
www.myspace.com
I have been doing quite a bit of researching on here for the last couple of days. My car is smoking excessively but only after long idle or a long decel. Also, only after is warmed up. When starting cold it is fine! To make sure of all this I took a 20 mi. each way freeway drive and the only time it smoked was once after I had to decel for a semi, (I had let off the gas for at least 1/4mi.) when I got off the freeway to turn around to come back home, and then really bad when I got off the freeway back home and got stuck at a light. It was so bad then I had the person behind me honking at me when they went by!!!

Head and seals were done about 12k ago, and just replaced the headgasket, for a second time, about 50mi. ago. First time was with factory and arp's, which didn't hold up. Compression is fine and no overheating is going on, just the smoke!

I am just curious to get other opinions on whether or not this is turbo. I am pretty sure it is but I would like to hear some more opinions!!!

Thanks!

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Not stem seals. Those are most noteable at start-up since the oil is able to drip into the cylinders while the car is not running. Sounds a lot like the turbo to me. How is your shaft play?

NADude98

Apr 5, 2006
Terre Haute, IN
www.myspace.com
Sawbladz;1132492 said:
Not stem seals. Those are most noteable at start-up since the oil is able to drip into the cylinders while the car is not running. Sounds a lot like the turbo to me. How is your shaft play?

About the same as when I got it back from MDC. It had visible shaft play after rebuild.