Small roadcourse vid...

rcsupra

Supraddict
Sep 19, 2007
Harrisonburg, VA
Hey Brian, it was nice meeting you at Summit Point this weekend, you gave me some inspiration for my car!

- David G.

img4366ol5.jpg

img4367mo8.jpg

img4368cc3wk2.jpg

img4370ay6.jpg

Last edited:

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
I need to get some good seats in mine. Still riding on those stock heavy POS's. Any chance you'd part w/ one of your Sparcos??? ;)

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Thanks for the pics David, nice meeting you too.
Weekend went very well, started off a little rusty (been a year since my first/last event, also at Summit) They had just repaved last week so old markers were gone but it was very smooth. By the 2nd day I was driving a good, consistent line and was much faster. I got the approval to go solo and recommended for group 2. Was very cool feeling the difference in the response of not having a passenger (yes, even in a 3600 lb. car) and I could feel the tires sliding slightly through turns. I need to work on braking at the end of the straight (was coasting into brake zene as I had groved the rotors with new pads and they vibrated a lot while braking and high speed.)

If you're in the Richmond or Beach area sometime, check out an auto-x and I'll give you a ride. I don't make it to any up that way.

Grimsta, I won't sell the PS one :) they were a big present from my wife (got upset at the price until I sat in them.) With brackets they're ~35 lbs. each, great improvement over the 70 lb. stocker. Nothing has made me feel as connected to the car as the seats has, great support (no harnesses yet) I might turn the stock one into a garage lounger, they're too comfortable to waste :)
Brian

Bad news is, they don't allow my auto-x camera mount (suction mount) and the bullet cam I used was too far back to see out the windshield (cabin is in focus and beyond windshield is washed out) so no in car vids for this event :(

rcsupra

Supraddict
Sep 19, 2007
Harrisonburg, VA
prsrcokr said:
If you're in the Richmond or Beach area sometime, check out an auto-x and I'll give you a ride. I don't make it to any up that way.

Sounds good, some friends of mine have gone to VMP in the past and told me about seeing you out there, if I make it down there for an auto-x I'll let you know

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Should be there autoxing Nov. 11th (Va points event) and 18th (Nasa points). I've got even more traction with my auto-x tires (Azenis) :) but my buddy in his WRX (2nd to me in points for our class) has just added a lot of power with a Cobb upgrade. I'm going to be fighting to keep up with him now, should be a good battle, been back and fourth all season (within 3/100 of a second between me and 2 Wrx's in the class at times)

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
So are you close to the top of your class in points? And your wife bought you sparcos!? Thats a keeper!! My wife would burn my car and everything i own if I bought Sparcos, let alone her buy them, lol

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
I'm leading the class (TTD) after 9 events with 4 to go for our NASA-X series (what Nasa is calling auto-x) we've got 3 venues which makes it pretty cool, one big auto-x lot, one oval speedway, and a small roadcourse. (1.1 mile)

I don't think she'd get me a gift that big again, got a little out of hand because the year before we only did charity stuff, don't think Santa can afford that Zeal suspension this year :)

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Lol, so they classify the AutoX by TT designation too, huh? What do you have on your car to stay in TTD? My current mods put me into TTC and by the time I start the Time Trial series it'll probably be at TTB already! Thats why i need to get that 2J in, to be more competitive in TTB!

rcsupra

Supraddict
Sep 19, 2007
Harrisonburg, VA
prsrcokr said:
Should be there autoxing Nov. 11th (Va points event) and 18th (Nasa points). I've got even more traction with my auto-x tires (Azenis) :) but my buddy in his WRX (2nd to me in points for our class) has just added a lot of power with a Cobb upgrade. I'm going to be fighting to keep up with him now, should be a good battle, been back and fourth all season (within 3/100 of a second between me and 2 Wrx's in the class at times)

Sounds good, if my friends are going to that I'll roll down and try it out. Unfortunately my car in SCCA STU class is totally uncompetitive against the STi's and Evo's, but I just go to have fun really. My next one is on the 21st in Verona near me, I need to practice throttle control among other things. I'm going to be buying sways here pretty soon, did you say the ST front and rear oversteered too much? What would you recommend?

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Grimsta said:
Lol, so they classify the AutoX by TT designation too, huh? What do you have on your car to stay in TTD? My current mods put me into TTC and by the time I start the Time Trial series it'll probably be at TTB already! Thats why i need to get that 2J in, to be more competitive in TTB!
Here's my points receiving mods:
Eibach/Tokico springs/struts
ST rear/Tanabe front swaybars
Front/rear STB
235/255 tires (Azenis for auto-x)
IC/Intercooler pipes (AMS)
550s/Lex/AFPR/Walboro
Techtom Ecu
MAFT-Pro (unused so far)
Sparcos
Exhaust/DP/Test pipe
K&N FIPK
CT26 @ 14 psi (don't they all smoke, I had the seals replaced years ago and it smoked not long after)
Light battery (11 lb.)

I think I have just enough points to run a stickier tire (not Hoosier but a 100 rating, ie: RA-1) or a Azenis 275 and stay in D. Otherwise I'll be into TTC class on a wider and stickier tire. Maybe a lightweight hood too.
I'm leading mainly due to persistance, there are some fast guys in Miatas on R's that beat me by 1.5-2 sec. but don't run every event. One has 275 Kuhmos and 1000 lb. front springs, I don't think he's supposed to be in TTD anymore though.

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
rcsupra said:
Sounds good, if my friends are going to that I'll roll down and try it out. Unfortunately my car in SCCA STU class is totally uncompetitive against the STi's and Evo's, but I just go to have fun really. My next one is on the 21st in Verona near me, I need to practice throttle control among other things. I'm going to be buying sways here pretty soon, did you say the ST front and rear oversteered too much? What would you recommend?

David, I got a very tailhappy response with the ST bars and that's with staggered tires (235/255, was 235/265 before) and also the nylon bushings (forgot to list those above) It tended to oversteer before the bushings but not as severely. To get things more nuetral I replaced the front bar with a Tanabe one (stiffer) and now it's very nuetral.

I was considering STU since I've done well against other street tire cars (Cobras, Stis, etc.) but you can't replace the IC or piping, a big help on these cars. You free up ~3-4psi by replacing those, so really running 14 psi is like running 11 on the stock setup (same work from the turbo) but more boost gets to the cylinders and does it much quicker. The sways make a huge difference on one of these boats, I was surprised I could leave smaller cars behind through the esses this weekend and these springs aren't much stiffer than stock, I think it's all in the swaybars (allowing quicker transitions).

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
pscorker

ill be running mainly the OH IN events next year like this year but im definitly going to make a summit event or a VIR event so we can roll together

i have three things in the works that should be done soon that you might be interested in
ill PM you when they are done with pics. should both be 0 point mods if not then they are definitly worth it

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
supraguru05 said:
i have three things in the works that should be done soon that you might be interested in
ill PM you when they are done with pics. should both be 0 point mods if not then they are definitly worth it

Let me know too, its my 275's that are getting me the most points and putting me into TTC.

Tell me more about this techtom ECU, i haven't heard of this. Is it basically like a reflashed ECU from techtom?

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Btw, Yaitsme has a set of Zeals for sale in the FS section. I thought I could afford them but don't have the funds right now. Anyone interested in this stuff might want to give them a look.

Brian