Small roadcourse vid...

relax

Sep 23, 2006
san diego
wow i want to use my supra for road racing can you give me any pointers such as what kind of power i should make? very new to this

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Don't need alot for a smaller course like this (helps due to the big elevation changes though) but on a normal/big roadcourse you can't have too much (within reason, don't want a lag setup that will only make power midway through the straight.
Seat time is the best upgrade, tires make a huge difference but I'd recommend sticking to street ones like I'm doing since they talk to you more.
FWIW, here's an auto-x vid from yesterday: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4258473763545525686
Brian

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Richmond, VA. Little further South but probably more random weather (80F last Wed., snow on Sat.)

Stock with Nasa is TTE and I'm barely staying in TTD, Full R's would put me into TTC.
Mods are:
Suspension/brakes:
Tanabe front bar, S.T. rear bar
Ebay front STB, JIC Al. rear STB
Tokico Illumina, Eibach Prokit :(
Nylon bushings (except for pivot bushings, they're meant to pivot)
R4S pads, Earls front braided lines.

Engine:
550/Lex/AFPR/Walboro 255
Techtom ecu (not from Reg, generic map 9.6:1 A/Fs)
AMS IC & Piping, HKS BOV
BIC std. DP / Tanabe Medallion catback
Manual boost controller @ 15 psi
MAFT-Pro (no tuning yet)
NGK 2330's/wires

Misc:
Zeitronix W/B
Sparco Pro 2000's :)
Braille 11 lb. battery
3.73 Torsen coming soon

The car is pretty quiet so it's probably hard to tell what it's doing in the vid. Always gets compliments on the power it must be making (even from the Z06 guys) but I think it's because you keep it in the revs when racing and run high tire pressure so it's easier to get the rear loose than street driving. I do well against mildly prepped Mustangs/Camaros but can't compete with the fast R' comp guys. I've even gotten a couple National level guys to drive it and ran within 1/10th of my times (but still far behind the class dominators). It's not really competitive on that level but alot of fun.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Oh ok. I forgot we were TTE stock, I just just run NASA HPDE anyways. If you ever get more videos up I'd like to see them.

Road Racing is the best thing to do in your supra, until it breaks.

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
It's alot of fun but to really be competitive you might want to get the WRX back. Decent drivers I do ok against but the good ones walk all over me, AWD, -400lbs., + 14 years technology is tough to compete with :)

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Here's a pic from this weekend, I should have a vid ready and my best result to date as soon as they're finalized (the Supra was angry and ready to run yesterday, ran similar time to the BSP Sti's, I'm not on R's)
p592076_1.jpg

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
prsrcokr said:
It's alot of fun but to really be competitive you might want to get the WRX back. Decent drivers I do ok against but the good ones walk all over me, AWD, -400lbs., + 14 years technology is tough to compete with :)
trust me, i know... but RWD is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun!! :biglaugh:

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
prsrcokr said:
Don't need alot for a smaller course like this (helps due to the big elevation changes though) but on a normal/big roadcourse you can't have too much (within reason, don't want a lag setup that will only make power midway through the straight.
Seat time is the best upgrade, tires make a huge difference but I'd recommend sticking to street ones like I'm doing since they talk to you more.
FWIW, here's an auto-x vid from yesterday: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4258473763545525686
Brian

on that 47th second you killed that cone pretty nice keep the good vids coming!

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
Cool video, looked like fun. Get some R compounds on and some coilovers! That car is begging for it with those bouncing springs and those screeching tires!

Last edited:

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
AGlobalThreat said:
Cool video, looked like fun. Get some R compounds on and some coilovers! That car is begging for it with those bouncing springs and those screeching tires!

All in due time. I ran on crappy tires for a year until I swapped to these 2 events ago. I think it's one reason I'm able to get more out of them than the guys going right to the best tires.