***SM Member Horsepower List***

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I'd bet he has an 89 or earlier ECU. My understanding is that when they had the 6m crank, they spun to 6800.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Fuzz- please put the numbers in your post on this thread, it makes Grim's job easier (plus that graph is hard as hell to see clearly)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
sixpatch;1709105 said:
Hey all. Sweet numbers.
Slow, I know you put in the rules that you wanted Corrected dyno numbers, but then I've also noticed that some Uncorrected dyno sheets have made the list too. I never correct numbers on forced induction cars, but I know that not everyone shares my opinion there, so I'll understand if that detail disqualifies me for the list. Not that my car laid anywhere near the top numbers, I just try hard to play by the rules. 0:)

The engine:
1jzgte (complete with hydrofan)

The numbers:
297.57hp, 319.98tq

The mods: (or notable lack there of)
Stock Cams
Stock Twins
Stock Internals
Stock Exhaust
Stock FPR
AEM Widebands
SAFCII
AVCR
Driftmotion IC and Hardpipe Kit
Walbro 255
Koyo Radiator
Southbend Stage4 Clutch
17.21 psi

View attachment 50665
You're damn close to sea level anyway, so corrected numbers are going to be pretty damn close. I'll let you get away with it. :)

Fuzz420;1735189 said:
LOL all this time later and i still havent made it on the list.

Grim when you get a chance update it please

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ower-List***&p=1456475&viewfull=1#post1456475
Your post was from before Slow's last update, I guess he missed it - and I surely didn't have the time to spare, trying to verify the whole thread from start to finish would be preposterous! :) Anyway, I added you in with this update.

The list should be up to date as of now. If you've been missed, LMK.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Update time for me!
Built 7M, E-85, T-4 Billet 67, bc 272's, AEM.
564.7hp, 479 tq at 26 psi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i45KxDrfnow&feature=g-upl&context=G273c71aAUAAAAAAACAA

Dyno chart:
p1740697_1.jpg

Last edited:

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
Stock 1jz long block with t-70 single turbo, safc2, 4 puck unsprung 364hp 324tq @ 10psi running off wastegate

Sent from my Galaxy S phone

Last edited:

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
p1742688_1.jpg

Actually got a couple more hp and tq on one of the pulls... but it's really a mute point. Results that were printed above:

394HP
366TQ
mid 11's afrs (almost flat)
@17.6psi actual on 93 pump gas in 85* (and rising) on humid day.

That's about right for my modestly dialed HKS alphabet soup on 550cc injectors off a single Denso MKIV pump. I believe the curves are actually great for streetability overall, and a testament to how a shade-tree mechanic's "bolt-on" affair running piggy-backs can turn a decent drum... but likely will never be quite enough clout for the elite crowd with out a stand alone and more fuel!:biglaugh:

Stock bottom end and a lot of miles on boost (over 70k @15psi and up) so I'm pretty happy with my results, and was encouraged by Aaron who did the pulls to come up on a cool, crisp day as he's used to these cars and the conditions and expected 10% or greater increases in good cold air off my setup with a point or so leaner tune. My seat of the pants would confirm that, as the car felt flat running 16psi on the drive up compared to cooler evenings... and in the COLD weather season, it REALLY lights up to a notable gain.

At any rate... glad to have a baseline for reference!:biglaugh:

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
toyotanos;1742692 said:
Nice job, Chris! Have you been the one dialing in the HKS goodies or have you paid someone?

Thanks! Disappointing I didn't at LEAST crack the 400 number today, but the heat-soak made it a mute point after the first pull, so we called it a day. I've done all my own "road tuning". The car is a different animal, but the "feel" is similar to what I've been doing on motorcycles (both carbureted and EFI) for many years. I've had numerous "road tuned" (butt-dyno) bikes show nearly perfect power delivery and tuned ratio curves from road-tuning once they are dyno'd, but it really takes a LOT of patience, and is limited to the resolution of the equipment you work with and time you invest into "feeling" it out.

At any rate, the car is a pretty decent compromise between "retro/old-school" components, power and durability considering the stock and now aging bottom end!:)

...on the street and highway, it runs very strong, and you can see clearly how IJ's head REALLY wants to pull into much higher rpm's.;)

-crisp

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
HKS_TRD;1719342 said:
What are you doing for an induction setup, i.e. inlet manifold, cooler and piping size?
Sorry for the late response-intake manifold is a FF intake from Sethron with a Q45 throttle body, Greddy 3 Row intercooler from a Eclipse GST with 2.5 hot side pipes and 3.0 inch cold side pipes.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

CajunKenny;1720225 said:
polobai: What's your method of getting out past 6500 rpm's?
He is correct-88 ecu on a MAF Pro...it can go a bit higher with the valvetrain upgrades-but that has to wait for the AEM. My motor was built with the 7m crank actually (89+ block).

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
crisp;1742700 said:
At any rate, the car is a pretty decent compromise between "retro/old-school" components, power and durability considering the stock and now aging bottom end!:)

...on the street and highway, it runs very strong, and you can see clearly how IJ's head REALLY wants to pull into much higher rpm's.;)

-crisp
Chris's car is a great street balance... with an extra kick in the pants. When i rode in it, 20-120-20 was a hell of a ride. Congratulations on the numbers Chris, now get that thing down here and tear up some mountain roads with me!

Alex

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
crisp;1742700 said:
you can see clearly how IJ's head REALLY wants to pull into much higher rpm's.;)

-crisp

That was the first thing I noticed on your graph. How it makes power to redline... If it's a "secret", I understand; but, what has been done to the head? Typical port and polish? Also, what turbo are you running?

...and of course...nice job! :)

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
TheNewRed;1742901 said:
Chris's car is a great street balance... with an extra kick in the pants. When i rode in it, 20-120-20 was a hell of a ride. Congratulations on the numbers Chris, now get that thing down here and tear up some mountain roads with me!

Alex

Thanks, Alex! I'd LOVE to come drive in some more... well... INTERESTING roads!:biglaugh:

In that I'm not so much a "number hunter", I'm really finding I am MOSTLY satisfied with the car right now... just a LITTLE BIT more power for those, er... "special" occasions would be nice.;)

CajunKenny;1742931 said:
That was the first thing I noticed on your graph. How it makes power to redline... If it's a "secret", I understand; but, what has been done to the head? Typical port and polish? Also, what turbo are you running?

...and of course...nice job! :)

Thanks, Kenny! No "SECRETS", just an Ian J. HEAD, that's all!:) Honestly, the head is WAAAY overbuilt for what I am utilizing now. I KNOW it's good for substantially higher rpm applications, and if I shift my cam pulleys a couple degrees, it gets almost "frantic" through the top until redline... and I just felt I needed to "feel out" my limits and consider building up the bottom end or maybe an ATI SuperDamper before I let it "slam" the top so hard! Afraid to "rattle" it when I first set in the cam gears... and it STILL pulls so hard up there to the limit, I decided to leave it because it spools about 200rpm sooner this way and doesn't load up so much on transition in taller gears.

I'm actually thrilled with the dyno curves on all variables except the slight drop-off I'm seeing in boost. The fact that it is consistent after hitting initial setting for BOTH values (16psi and 18psi pulls) and that I STOPPED gaining dialed-in boost at 18psi peak, I'm suspecting a boost leak at around that level and above... so I might actually be losing some power, which is consistent with the "strong" but slightly "duller" than usual sense I got driving it around after the pulls. May just be the 90+ humid days we're having, too... and that my driving habits favor cooler-to-COLD days to play with the car!:biglaugh:

I'll go back and check my IC plumbing for "show" at the joints. It may also just be part of my loose bottom end ring blow-by calling the shots beyond this point. Either way, I'm pleased with how the car runs overall regardless the numbers alone, and if I could, I'd be VERY happy to maintain my current tune-curves through higher absolute power levels down the road. Not sure the F-con and company will support too much further. It'll be interesting what I can gain with a MUCH larger IC up front and larger plumbing including FFIM on this setup... eventually. At some point I'll also add the meth/water. I'd bet between all that I MIGHT get into mid-upper 400's on this bottom end yet. We'll see...

-crisp

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I share the same sentiments of being content with what you have. Not that yours or mine fall short in any way; but, I'm pretty happy that my 160k 7M is making ~390 whp. So, while I'd like more power, I'm pleased with what I've got.

Yeah...heat...ugh... I had my car out the other day when it was ~93 degrees and it felt like an old dog trying to get up off the porch. It was pitiful.

I've been dragging my feet on finishing my water/meth install. I need to get on it! :)

Archon

Mar 6, 2008
Russia
www.200mph.ru
JDM 1JZGTE
STOCK TWINS, 1.23bar
Stock engine (All stock internals, stock head, stock fuel injectors...)
Mine's ECU, HKS Hi-power Exhaust, Greddy intercooler, AEM air-filter, Toyota Supra Mk4 OEM fuel pump, fuel presure regulator, gas station fuel.

Dyno pack:
i-1293.jpg

Engine HP is 399:
i-1291.jpg

Wheels HP is 344:
i-1292.jpg

Engine:
i-1296.jpg

Novosibirsk city, Russia, 16 August 2011.

Last edited:

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
p1764164_1.jpg

My dyno sheet from last year. Mods are stock 1jzgte motor, sp63 turbo, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, 24*12*3 inch intercooler, 2.5 inch intercooler piping hot side and 3 inch cool side, SAFC, MK4 550cc and walbro in-tank fuel pump.

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
Those look like really strong numbers for that setup, TORQUE! Congrats on that combo. Good curves, too.;)

-crisp