Slotted rotors

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Looking to put some slotted rotors in the rear. Just wondering which brand people are using. I found a couple online here Has anyone had experience with any of those brands? I did a google search and centric seems legit. Also if anyone else is using something different lmk.
Plans for the supra is still up in the air. Mainly doing them cause I'll be back there doing other work.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Powerslot makes a great rotor for street and light track use. Plus the Price is hard to beat. Very happy with mine.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i have the centric in the front but went with their blanks in the rear see if rockauto has anything at the time i ordered mine the shipping was crazy for some reason (usually isn't and find it hard to beat their prices but not that time)

think i got the slotted rotors from here and got free shipping plus a percentage off
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Toyota/Supra/Centric/Brake_Disc/1989/Turbo/6_Cyl_3-dot-0L/CE126-dot-44041SR.html?loc=Rear%2C+Driver+Or+Passenger+Side&tlc=Brakes%2C+Suspension+%26+Steering

they have been on since this past march and have not one complaint

p1854175_1.jpg

p1854175_2.jpg

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
hmm those look like some good prices you even get free pads with the dimpled and slotted lol

have you used that site before? what brand are the rotors? guess it doesn't matter if they hold up

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
IBoughtASupra;1854213 said:
What do you guys think about the yellow stuff EBC pads?
Using them on the current car and am very impressed, surprisingly good cold stopping for a hard pad, a bit more dust than I'd like but shit happens can't have it all.

Also have them on a Buds Blown SC400 that's done a bunch of track days, very good wear properties.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I have been using an eBay company for years now and I will never use another brake..... 88Rotors. I paid just under $200 for cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads all around. I know how good they work first hand due to a near hit with a deer in Germany. After almost a year of having them on the car, I was moving around 80 on a back road near Graf Army post. I lit my smoke, looked back up, and there was a huge doe. I slammed on the brakes and much to my surprise, the car leaned forward and scrapped the shit out of the front lip. Damn near ripped it off. I stopped short of having deer steak for a few weeks. For less then what most people pay for just one rotor, I have a full set plus pads.

I have used them for 4 years now, my German friends ( Supra owners ) use them and now my local friends are ordering some. Well worth it. I know the whole you get what you pay for story..... But I just can't bring myself to pay over $1000 for brakes to stop a car that isn't going to be doing over 80mph to begin with. And buying expensive brakes because of a name is just stupid. Not trying to offend anyone for any reason if you are running said brakes, but spend so much on powerslot, or brembo, or any other highend brand......when a set of $200 brakes work just as good?! Just my .02

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Thanks for the input and links guys. Ij where can I find more info on dba?? Quick google search and couldn't really find a site for them. And for the whole eBay disc, a couple of my buddies used them for a little while as well. But they had the drilled and slotted. They didn't have any problems either for DDing. I was only looking for slotted and couldn't find any when I searched on there.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Ordered from brake performance before. Talked with them for quite awhile, really nice people. Not sure if they are making them in house or who they are ordering them from but they make them to order. So takes 3-5 days to ship but very nice packaging and great products plus a lifetime warranty against cracking!

Seth

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Would I have to send the rotors out to have them warranty it?? Can't imagine having a car be down for 2 weeks cause of rotors.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
BrandonW;1854175 said:
i have the centric in the front but went with their blanks in the rear see if rockauto has anything at the time i ordered mine the shipping was crazy for some reason (usually isn't and find it hard to beat their prices but not that time)

think i got the slotted rotors from here and got free shipping plus a percentage off
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Toyota/Supra/Centric/Brake_Disc/1989/Turbo/6_Cyl_3-dot-0L/CE126-dot-44041SR.html?loc=Rear%2C+Driver+Or+Passenger+Side&tlc=Brakes%2C+Suspension+%26+Steering

they have been on since this past march and have not one complaint

p1854513_1.jpg

p1854513_2.jpg

This is the second time I've seen members installed those slotted or drilled rotors backward.