size of hex bolt on spark plug galley ???

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
i just picked up a 12mm hex key the other day n the dam thing still does'nt fit the hex bolts on the spark plug galley cover , the only size they have thats bigger then 12mm is 17mm ... does any1 know if 17mm. is the correct size , or what the correct size is ???? any help would be much appreciated !!! thanks

MKIIIChucky

Attachments

• wtf size is that dam thing !!!!!!!.JPG
    wtf size is that dam thing !!!!!!!.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 12

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
here's what i did, it was cheap (free, actaually), easy, and worked like a charm. i got a 14mm bolt, and threaded on a 14mm nut, and right after that nut, another 14mm nut. i tightened the two nuts together so that they wouldnt move. then i put the nut side into the huge ass allen head bolt, and used a 14mm socket to turn the bolt head side.

worked great. (at the time i had my motor apart, so i used an exhaust stud and two nuts from the exhaust manifold.)

good luck!

-shaeff

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
I did the double nut on the bolt thing. It also works like a champ, and it's free ;)
But if you must have a real tool for everything, you can buy that one, or go to sears and get one for pretty cheap with a lifetime warrenty.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I still have my 14mm bolt/nut set from my 1st BHG fix (5+years ago)!!! After goin' 1JZ, then 2JZ, and now back to 7M.. I found it a couple of weekends ago when disassembling the 7M I was gonna have rebuilt. Cost me ~$1 more than 5 years ago and still came in handy now. I'm not a big fan of paying alot for specialized stuff that I'll use VERY infrequently.

Good luck!

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
yea , i finaly found 1 at NAPA , was $12.50, ill tell ya , thats 1 big ass hex key ! lol , i was wondering , do u realy need the spark plug gallt cover ??? couse mine looks like shit , it looks better with it off !!!!