SirGeorgee's Red Beast MKIII

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Hi all

We are having serious problems adjusting the front and the rear axles....
Right now couldn't find , what the problem is

Another problem popped up
In the right curves everything ok , but if I wish to turn left ,it has a 15 meter round -pretty big

It looks like we have to change the whole steering column...

So pretty bad news ...
Actually I really don't know what are the points of the car I haven't touched...
But you know i wish to be on the road so we will try to fix everything...
And I still have the differential and the brake issue -so I will be really busy in the near future...
Try to update with pictures soon so stay tuned...:biglaugh:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Update time

Hi all

So this weekend we changed the control arms with the new poly bushings and on the pictures below you can see my brand new factory nuts and excenter bolts -looking really nice
So with these on we were able to adjust the rear axle also

dscn0243c.jpg

dscn0244n.jpg

dscn0245g.jpg

So rear axle seems to be almost done-car feels much better on the road now-this poly upgrade is fantastic,it worth every penny....

Next the steering issue coming
We have to change my whole steering column
I just got a used one for cheap so we will restore it and it is going in right away...
I will keep you posted
So

Stay tuned folks:biglaugh:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Hi all

A sad update again

You remember , that this whole issue on the rear and front axle started because the car feels like we are going on ice ....

It can go anywhere without touching the steering wheel -so actually it was a disaster and really dangerous...

We went through the back changed everything -so the back is all right now

It was better after the change but still floating on the road

So we checked the front -upper conrtol arms were already upgraded with polyurethane bushings,we changed the steering rubbers and now we finally changed the whole steering column...

Now the car feels much better-right now it is on the road at low speeds--but above 150 kmh (approximately 95 mph) it starts to float away again -it is really scarry...

So yesterday my friend was inspecting whole day long this issue to see what our problem is--and finally he found it

If you guys remember , before i bought the car it had a terrible accident -the car dissapeared for 2 years -the previous owner must have built her up from shitty parts just to look like she is ok

And this is what my problem is from the beggining

So here is what we found

In the front I have a cradle from a 1987 supra , but mine is 1991 made in japan so there must be some kind of difference between the 2 cradles...

But if not , the problem is that mine has a really nice curve in the middle -it is a piece of shit

So we have to change it now -hope we will find a nice one ,but it will be very hard here bacause we have a few supras ,but the after 1991 make is very rare -we are ordering brand new factory nuts and bolts for the front axle -we change everything and I will also upgrade my lower control arms with those nice and sweet poly bushings

After all this it should be perfect-if not I really don't know what else should we do

Another interesting thing came out --something is rubbing one of my engine mounts and it is getting really thinner and thinner -so we have to change that also , right away otherwise we will find my motor on the ground quick...

So that is what is going on right now--please wish me luck to solve this...

I will keep you posted :naughty:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Just to let you know

Absolutely no cradle here in this country...

We have many pre 89 front cradle with the fix engine mounts-but mine is a 1991 made in Japan model and it has a different one with other kind of engine mounts (oil)...

So right now we couldn't find any after 89 front cradle so I really don't know what to do..................................................:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Happy Dance

Just found a nice front craddle:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Also bought a lower arm just in case it needed,so now we are upgrading both lower arms in the front with poly bushings-promised to be ready for tomorrow

After that we will drop in the new cradle -new bolts-lower arms with poly bushings-and try to adjust the sucker

Hope it will solve the problem

Hope to be on the road again this weekend so wish me luck guys.....:aigo:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Hi guys

So long story short

Everything changed Supra is better but not perfect............:aigo:

We changed everything in the front-got new upper and lower arms , new perfect craddle , new bullheads(hope it is the right word) from factory , replaced all nuts and bolts and excenter bolts to brand new ones straight from factory

All bushings on the car are poly bushings now --all of them

Adjusted it -absolutely perfect factory numbers came out

All shock absorvers were inspected-all KONI's are perfectly the same-perfect !!!

Car turns like an angel

BUT:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

At low speeds it is perfect

Between 110-130 KMH (68-81 MPH) the back starts to float again like you are on ice AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Over 130 till the end it feels perfect again

The only thing which has not been changed is the back craddle -so before we change it,will give a try to my tires and wheels

We will put a few replacements wheels and tires on the back and test it ---if this will not solve the problem , the back craddle will be replaced and if it is still doing it

Hell ....we have a nice big river here called the Danube......:naughty:

Out of money -completely broke - and fed up with this issue:icon_evil

So right now weekend test is on the way
I will try to push it hard to see how it is doing and we will see....

So stay tuned and if you have any ideas please let me know....

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Just road tested tha Supra on this weekend

It is almost perfect--pulls hard and it is on the road like never been before...

Checked the tires -all of them are 95% ...

Highway test was cool-but on that speed (between 110-130 ) her ass starts to float again but only between these two speeds

Lower speeds perfect and if we go higher than 130 kmh it is perfect again????

So we will change now the back craddle and see how she will be...

I have many pictures on the front craddle change -but unfortunately I made them with my new cell phone and I can't upload them to my pc yet because of software problems -I will try to solve it and upload them soon

So stay tuned folks.....:biglaugh:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Hi guys

Supra is just FANTASTIC now....

Testing her day and night---and I have a great smile on my face constantly--
You know what I mean :naughty:

I will update this build thread soon, took a lot of pictures fixing the back..

So stay tuned:biglaugh:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
honestabe;1385096 said:
Good to hear progress is being made. Did you figure out your floating issue?

Hi

As you see we changed almost everything under the car ....

All bushings are poly bushings now ,in the front new bolts , traction arms if you see back a bit you will see everything what we did in the front

I will try to update today what we did on the back with pictures

Both(front and rear craddle ) was in a terrible shape...---Both Changed !!!

Actually after we changed almost everything -- the floating issue hasn't got chance anymore

Now the car is like an angel/beast on the road--in the corners it is like a railcar(never had this feeling before about her:naughty:)

We also fixed the LSD , pulled it apart , filled it with fresh oil-I never had a car before with differential on it and now that it is working it is an enormous feeling to drift almost everywhere where I have enough place :aigo::biglaugh::aigo:

It is strong and pulls almost the same efficiency in every gear .....

Absolutely no floating now -but regarding that all the parts under the car either brand new from factory or used but in a really great shape -understandable

So my friend if you will see the shape of my old back craddle you will be sure what caused me the damn floating issue

Try to update and put the pictures up soon

So stay tuned folks :biglaugh:

P.S: Honestabe ---I still love your flushmounts........:icon_bigg

Last edited:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
And some more pictures

We had to change an exhaust part and the rear left side axle hub also

oldexhaustpart.jpg

and my old axle hub

oldaxlehub.jpg

As I said before my Supra is right now fantastic so now I think I am close to cross the finish line...

After 5 years :naughty:

:biglaugh::aigo::biglaugh:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Hi guys

Bad luck again

Remember-when we fixed the front-we installed brand new aftermarket -brand name Yamato(made in Japan ) lower ball joints on both sides

After 139 kms (approx 86 miles ) -both got loose (2,5 cms both ) and caused me serious problems on the road

So I took my old ones and had them restored -came out really nice and installed them

Now my sweetheart is fantastic again-on the road-tested -and she is just perfect

:biglaugh:

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
This is such a quality build! I can only assume that you don't have as many followers because everything you do is not Power Mods. So many of the powerful Supras out there could benefit so much by doing the same repairs you are doing . GREAT work!

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Thanks Forced...

First I really want to be on the road and in the corners -after that we will see -might be some power mods also-but not sure yet-she pulls really hard now ...:naughty::biglaugh::naughty:

Problem again-Steering

My intermediate shaft started ticking...
We must replace it asap -having serious problems turning right :wtf:

Hope to find one soon :1zhelp:

I will keep you guys posted

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Update time

Luckily I found hte parts I needed and changed the whole thing

I needed the intermediate shaft to solve my serious steering issue...

We found a Steering Column Assembly in a nice condition so we changed it also and put in a nice working intermediate shaft

Up with the pictures as it is in

dscn0001.jpg

dscn0002z.jpg

dscn0003y.jpg

So this issue is solved :biglaugh:

But guess what popped up again

My former floating issue I had later came back a bit again

I feel it only when we going fast ( also in the corners and she is in!!!!:naughty:)

So next after everything is changed under her I will inspect the tires again...
My other idea is that the KONI-s in the back must be adjusted another way ...

So if I find it I will get back to you

So stay tuned

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Hi guys

Sad update again

The steering issue came back again in a really hard way....

In the traffic (really hard -in Budapest right now we have many issues going on -restoring a bridge and fixing 19 main roads at the same time --kills the city ) felt like somebody is twitching / pulling the steering wheel out my hand ...

I didn't do naything and she tried to go like 0,5 meter to the right going against another car-without me doing anything with the steering wheel...
After keep correcting this like 5 times I got really pissed of.
I guess the replacement parts (steering column assembly and the shaft) must have been in a really bad condition-couldn't see it from the outside and it lasted only like 100 kms on the road under normal driving conditions...

It is really hard to get good replacements parts here to our sweathearts --I will try to do my best

I keep you posted

Stay tuned-hope to solve this problem quick...

Last edited:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Couldn't find the problem

If anybody had the same issue please help me

Actually I tried to push her very hard to see at which speed pops the floating issue up....
Right now she is not doing the steering issue so we really don't know what was that,but I am sure it is still with us....

So

Over 100 MPH it is getting worse and worse -I pushed her till 150 MPH at that speed it felt like WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTACT WITH THE ROAD

Sick Floating

I am really dissapointed so if anybody has any idea , or had the same issue please contact me...

Thanks