Simple Cheap modifications.

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
Hey black, was looking at your picture. Your tire seems to be at a pretty major negative camber. Is that affecting tire wear?

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
TheBlueSupra;1800846 said:
Hey black, was looking at your picture. Your tire seems to be at a pretty major negative camber. Is that affecting tire wear?

with the way i use my car not at all. if i run stock specs i'll destroy the outer edge of the tire from hard cornering. for regular street driving it will wear the inner edge excessive. i do casually drive my car around but the roads here are so twisty they wear great with me behind the wheel. :biglaugh: iirc my alignment specs went -1.5 front camber max caster -1.25 rear camber. not to crazy compared to other ppl that track and autox. in the midwest where its just flat and straight roads i could see having problems...

when i comes to setting up a car there isn't just one right way. anybody thats experienced modifying cars knows this. it really depends on what the car is gonna be used for.

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
That makes sense, lots of fun mountain roads here too. Though seeing as I'm all stock, I think I'll be fine for now ;)

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
nice! nothing like a mk3 through the mountains. hella fun!!!

fyi if you want to know for sure check out your tires. they can tell you a lot about how your car suspension is working. if you are wearing yours evenly without any shoulder wear then yes, your good to go. but if do have shoulder wear first inspect the suspension components on that wheel to make sure things are in check. if its outter shoulder moar camber!

an alignment is by far the biggest bang for the buck if you want to compete with your car. its amazing how fast a STOCK car with an aggressive alignment and R compounds can be at the track or autox. especially those dam miatas