Silly V-6 mustang, bad boy, BAD!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I was picking up my GF yesterday to go to my parents Memorial day cookout when we see this 94-98 model purple 'stand go by with one pipe comming out of the back shaped just like a GT's pipe (missing the other side). I knew right then and there what it was. I wasn't going to embarrass him, but he was asking for it.

I was behind him in my Supra at a stop sign, he pulls out chirping his tires and sounding like shit, I look over to my GF, she gets a big smile on her face, and then I take chase. I pull out easy and once I'm straight I hammer down. I never once hit 5500 RPMs during each gear, about 5000 at the most. He was just a chuggin' away doing ~90 when I shift to fourth and completely waste him real dirty like :evil2:.

I let off the accelerator and begin to slowing back down to the speed limit. He pulls up beside me, looks over, and says while pointing up towards his engine, "V-6". I looked over to my girlfriend and then looked back to him. I almost was going to say while pointing to my engine, "straight six", but instead I just said, "turbo" and let him make of it what he wanted. He got this really confused look on his face, then gives me a gapped tooth smile, starts nodding his head and giving me a thumbs up. No more was said because I had to turn off onto the bypass to get to my parents.

First race (if you call it that) that I've ever had in my supra. I know, I know, it's just a V-6 and a Mustang at that, but I thought the conversation we had was pretty funny after I had set him straight. Bad part was, he had a good 5-10 cars on me before I turned out and gave chase ;).

Mod installed on car:

Cooleeze megamouth DP into full 3" catless exhaust
Cooleeze turbo inlet pipe
Custom made intake
Cooleeze upper IC hardpipe that I've been borrowing from my cousin now for the past couple of months
Oil catch can
93 Octane
Stock boost

***BTW, this is all took place in an off road, controlled environment***

Last edited:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I've got a friend with a '98 cobra that thought he could drift. He spun a bear and bought a freaking crate engine instead of rebuilding! We'll be putting that sucker in this weekend :evil2:. I'm going to have him break it in the hard way (flogging the bitch on dino oil for the first 20 miles).

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I hope he's going to let me do the break in :evil2:. He's scared to drive his cars real hard, the reason he spun a bearing was because he overreved it with spinning tires.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Chris, don't you have better things to do than pick on mustangs.............:3d_frown:

I don't................:biglaugh:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Nah, sure don't ;).

Later that night I took one of my friends for a drive in it who owns a 2G turbo Talon... He was thuroughly impressed and about creamed himself in my car when he heard my exhaust echoing off the buildings to each side of us when I floored it :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Every night when I'm coming home from playing poker I do the same thing. This small town I live in shuts down at about eight or dark whichever comes first. It's two lanes and the buildings are right on the sides of it. My car sounds SOOOOOOOOOO good echoing off of it. I'll floor it in first and you can hear the open wastegate and tires spinning................:squirt-mo

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Got a small story to tell: Last night while going home I was one the freeway in my DD (this time in the 3G, not the Metro). I had cruise control set to 70 MPH for fuel economy (last tank I got over 31 MPH, this one will be more than that) and a black Civic comes creeping up on me.

I thought he was going to pass me, but he stopped accelerating and starts driving beside me. I can hear his fart can just 'a puking away beside me. I ignore him for a while, then he finally decides to go on. He gets in front of me and stays there, not going any faster. I gear down to fourth, get in the passing lane, and creep up beside his ass, since he wants to race, he's going to get one, and get his ass pwned in the process ;).

I stay in fourth gear then entire time while starring him down through his 5% tinted windowed, slammed, shitty body kit car. I can tell there's someone in the passeger seat as they are looking over at me, the driver just keeps starring straight ahead, acting like he can't see me. He wants to play that game huh? I give the car about half throttle a couple of times just to show him how quick it can jump out in front of him if I wanted it to, I would let off once my front tire was about to his front bumper, then I'd drop back down even with him.

I must have scarred his ass since he could hear the motor growling, "whoah, that's no 4 banger Eclipse!". The little punk wanted some when he came up on my ass like an idot, but when I obliged him he turned chicken shit. So I let back off of the gas, shifted back into fifth, and resume cruising at 70 MPH. I think he realized he would have been creamed if he manned up and decided to go ;).

A little teaser, I know, but I thought I would just share. If it was in the supra and he heard me blow off, he probably would have pissed his pants :biglaugh:.