Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
labrat469;1996022 said:
It's been some time since I last posted here. I'm still abusing the supra with daily driving and will be taking it off the road for a complete overhaul starting with the motor rebuild. I can't keep crank pulleys on the 7M so I'm going to get the block checked out and start with a new crank and rods. In the meantime I will be putting along in a beat up truck

That's strange. I don't think I've heard of a 7m with crank pulley issues. I'm interested to hear what the cause is.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
I ran it close to hot one time when I blew a small coolant hose. I looked down and saw it and pulled over to let it cool and call a rollback.

Mowgli87

Jun 4, 2009
Alabama
Hey guys,

Anyone want to buy an '86.5 NA Supra? I figured I'd give the locals a chance before I post it in the general for sale section.
Some of you might recall when I was working on it back in 2010. It served as my daily driver for a couple years, but now it's just collecting leaves. It ran just fine until about last July when the distributor decided to eat itself. I'm sure it'll run fine again once that is replaced.

Powertrain:
Engine is stock 7MGE. Rebuilt all except main rotating assembly and used with ARP headstuds
Stock auto trans

Chassis:
Energy suspension bushings and Megan Racing Track coil overs.
Brand new brakes all around. (probably less than than 10k miles on them)

Body:
Needs paint, but otherwise body is straight with only one or two small dents (One on hood, one rear hatch).
I have never seen any evidence of rust on body panels. However, I haven't really dug into it very deep.

Interior:
Burgundy interior.
Front seats are ok. No rips/tears in the leather, but it's pretty stiff.
Rear seats are pretty sun damaged, but not torn.
Dash is cracked up pretty bad.

I can get better pics later if anyone is interested.

Supra rear.jpgSupra front.jpg

Mowgli87

Jun 4, 2009
Alabama
If a new distributor brings it back to life, I'd be happy to get $1500.

If it needs more than that, I'm not really sure what it's worth. Maybe $800-1000? Depends how badly someone wants a good chassis with a few bolt on suspension bits, I suppose.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cakene2

Feb 19, 2012
Fultondale, AL
Name: Jason Farmer
Year of car: 88 Targa
Contact info: 205-317-8433, cakene2@aol.com
City:Fultondale
Hobbies:wrenching on cars, electronics.
Upgrades: 1jzgte, CD009 six speed, SSBC big brake kit, FMIC, and soon PTE billet 6265
FB_20141208_14_02_57_Saved_Picture.jpg

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Hey Jason, I will be giving you a call. You might can help me chase down a problem with my car since it's probably going to be an electrical issue. I have the 1.5jz in mine. I live about twenty minutes from fultondale. Thanks, Jay

205-243-0622

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What's up Bo? I've been working on my car and once I get it tuned good, I'll come by and give you a ride., Jay

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What's up Bubba? Looks like you're having fun. Unfortunately mine is in pieces. I hope to get it built back better than ever this winter. Keep in touch. Once Jason is through with his and mine is back together, we can meet at cars and coffee on saturday morning. See you., Jay

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
Glad to see this thread still alive....Havent posted in a longtime but I still stop by now and then to look over the forum. I still talk to Jeff when I get a chance to or when he is in town and has a few minutes to bs. Currently I own a 2010 VW Jetta 2.5 that I just put a motor in, a 95 Integra and a 93 Civic Hatchback with a motor I built and was turbocharged till I broke the wastegate flange off of it and going a different route and bigger setup. The hatch has a d16z6 ::sohc vtec:: with forged srp pistons, eagle rods, brian crower springs and retainers and a few other small things. Car at 15psi from a 50 trim made a little over 260whp , which may not seem like a lot but in a car under 2000lbs it can move. Next setup is adding cam, intake manifold, throttle body, and a much larger turbo and going for 400whp. Would of already had this done but having to spend the money to put a motor in my jetta took the extra funds away that me and the woman had. Sooner or later ill own another supra again.

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
Hey guys I'm looking for a parts car . my son rear ended someone . I need a hood ,pass fender and core support . and all parts in front from radiator forward.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have a hood and fender, but they're in red. I may have some of the other stuff but we would have to go through some boxes. 205-243-0622 Hit me up, Jay