Shutting a bully down. Repost?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Love it... reminds me of a guy that for some reason tried to mess with me in 8th grade. He was in football and thought he was a bad ass. One cold day I was standing around with my hands in my pockets he just came up to me and pushed or punched me in the stomach. of course it not the wind out of me. So the next day he tried messing with me again, this time he had chalk and put a line down the arm of my fake black leather jacket. I wiped it off and told him "dont do that again" . He laughed and did it again. I opened up on his face with a 5-6 punch combo. He had no response. After his coach let us out of his office he tells me that he's gonna get me after school. So I waited at the bus stop but he never showed and I never had any problems with him after. Sometimes you've gotta let them fly.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
That little kid was lucky he didn't continue to get stomped. I sure as hell would have put him into the hospital... and have done so in the past. I don't believe in just teaching bullies a small lesson. I used to stomp them straight onto a stretcher. One way trip to the emergency room.

We moved around alot when I was a kid. Everytime I attended a new school I became a target by some wannabe bully. From elementry to high school. Little that they knew I had some serious bully shutting down skills. I had no problem putting punks like that little shit in the hospital. Unfortunately, I'd get expelled from that school and have to attend alternative school. When I'd go back to public school same cycle would happen. It really sucked when I'd get expelled because I never started the fights.
I'm not some undefeated bad ass, but I sure as hell won't stand for some punk pushing trying to bully me.

max-89supra(t)

Dec 12, 2008
vancouver, wa
That video brings back a lot of memories lol. In elementary school I was fat, and didnt speak english very well. And I was the only russian kid in school, I was picked on all the time, one day I just got tired of getting my ass whooped every day and started fighting back, got pretty good at it lol

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I suspect that there is always going to be bullies. There certainly was when I was growing up, and my kids have run into them at school already. I *think* we, as a society, do a better job of dealing with them today than we did 30 years ago... however, that could be my changing viewpoint as I get older.

There was a kid in my home town, a year or two older than me, that was notorious. Eventually someone, a year younger as I recall, used a bat to put him in the hospital in a bad way. He wasn't back in public school for nearly two years, and he was never the same afterward. Nobody really shed any tears over the whole thing at the time - even the bully's family were a bunch of asshats. Now, while this certainly stopped the bully problem, I'm not convinced it did so by treating the root cause. (I will say that at the time, and for many years afterward, I was more than content thinking he's finally gotten what he deserved in one big lump sum payment.)

Ideally, I want to see a solution that doesn't leave a kid or two crippled physically and mentally - or dead - every so often. However, if that solution isn't available, or shows up too late - I'll accept this kid's approach.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
GrimJack;1688936 said:
even the bully's family were a bunch of asshats.

Ideally, I want to see a solution that doesn't leave a kid or two crippled physically and mentally - or dead - every so often. However, if that solution isn't available, or shows up too late - I'll accept this kid's approach.

Family is usually where it starts. Either the poor kid is getting abused at home wether it's neglect, physical, or sexually to where he has so much anger inside to where he lashes out on the weak and defenseless. Or the parents themselves and bullies and teach their kids to be that way.

Sadly there really isn't an ideal solution to fix these kinds of kid bullies. Mainly because either their partents are in denial about their kid, or they're proud of them for being the dominant one. I've seen this many times while we've had a parent/principal/counsler confrenece as I tried to explain why I hurt poor little Johnny.

* I'll have to go to work right now. I'll touch up on this when I get back later tonight. *

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I never really had any issues with people trying to bully me. Granted, in AZ, at least the school I went to, it wasn't smart to start shit with people, for two reasons. One, you fight on campus, you both get expelled from the district. Two, you might get shot if you mess with the wrong kid, and nobody really knows who was packing what on any given day. So, it was in everybody's best interest to get along, and for the most part, over my 4 years there, I may have seen or heard about 3-4 fights/issues. Weather's too damned hot to really get your panties in a bunch anyway.

Up here where I currently live though? Everybody and their mom thinks they're a hardass for whatever reason. I never understood it, and I'm glad I didn't go to school here after elementary. Too much fucking drama.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Some shrink says the kid should have run away instead. Yeah, the fat kid is really going to outrun the skinny kid... Typical pacifist idiots don't understand that sometimes you need to defend yourself and beat some ass.

I had issues like this in school too. I'm slow to anger, but when the same douche does shit to you every day and the school refuses to do anything, have to take matters into your own hands.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Did you guys know that there are 17 states in the US that do not have cyber anti-bullying policies on their legislature? Thankfully though, there are 10 of those states who currently have policies on their 2011 congressional term. This stuff starts on internet bullying, and progresses to real life. I am going to post a video of grown adults acting in a childish behavior. They continue to badger, harass and coerce a MRDD person with cerebral palsy. They get him to talk about various things and they found out his phone number. So not only do they harass him, posting the videos on Youtube, but they also call him on his phone to record stuff. This is just absolutely ridiculous. My best friend Xavier and I run a internet group called Hardcore Mafia.. That's part of the reason why I don't post frequently anymore, I am busy doing that. This stuff is getting out of control and it will only get worse. I am glad that kid beat the daylights out of that other kid, but that doesn't necessary solve the situation either. Think of it this way: A couple years ago, a grown woman helped her 16 year old daughter cyber bully and harass a 16 year old schoolmate. This grown woman posed as a 16 year old boy, maintained a relationship with the victim, and then completely demeaned her. The 16 year old victim committed suicide. The adult participant got off scott free for that crime.. So you can be an active in the infliction of harm on a person's self and face no consequences. Yet, if you have a couple ounces of marijuana on your persons, you can get locked up for 36 months.. Where is the logic in that?

here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7gnCuIutU

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
savannahashlee;1690811 said:
Think of it this way: A couple years ago, a grown woman helped her 16 year old daughter cyber bully and harass a 16 year old schoolmate. This grown woman posed as a 16 year old boy, maintained a relationship with the victim, and then completely demeaned her. The 16 year old victim committed suicide. The adult participant got off scott free for that crime..

That bitch got away with that? I remember reading about that... sad to hear. These are the sorts of people who shouldn't be breeding if they can't learn to grow the fuck up. :(