SHUT UP AND VOTE! to help me chose a new car!

Which CAR?

• Total voters

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
HellsLegion said:
1zz = no guts. Needs more 2zz
Lies, on that car, the 1zz is plenty. Well not plenty but w/e hehe.
91T breezen' said:
M3, or S2000 here also. Be prepared for a maintenance headache with the M3 though!:icon_razz
That and the fact they are pigs. honestly i do not see good gas mileage with one of those. or insurance.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
HellsLegion said:
1zz = no guts. Needs more 2zz

1zz has enough guts to scare the hell out of most people. However, I have to mention that the 1zz WILL go a-splodie on you at some point.

I, of course, am biased and will say go for the MR-2 Spyder.

It's a rag top, it handles like it's on rails, and it's definitely quick. With passenger, I wiped the floor with an s2000 (without passenger) up until the end of 3rd gear.

It gets 28-36 miles per gallon and fun as hell to drive.

I would suggest at some point putting the 2zz-ge motor into it. There's a guy in Houston who will do it for $4500, motor and tranny included.

The car turns a lot of heads, only because no one knows what it is.

Yay for M3s and all, but it's a BMW. I have no love for "BMW People." :p

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
HellsLegion said:
I vote M3, cause thats a sports car, your looking for fuel economy, so number 1 and 2 does good for that.

Be aware, the MR-2 Spyder's has a 1zz-fe. POS motor, Get a cheap one, and swap a 2zz-ge from a celica GT-s and call it a day.

1ZZ-FE FTW. Sure it's not a great sporty motor, but it's still a good motor nonetheless. On the other hand, 2ZZ-GE still owns 1ZZ-FE.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
lol. I'm suprised not many have voted for the s2000. I have driven one, I liked the power, just a little slow from the stoplight.

I havent driven the M3 yet. I'm gonna try driving one on monday.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Ckanderson said:
will someone link me to the difference between the celica motor and mr2?
celica came with 2 motors, the 1zz and the 2zz. the 1zz made i think it was 130 ish hp and 110ish torqu while the celicamade 180 and 120? i dotn remeber exact numbers but what i will say is that the 1zz was a far better platform to turbo. it also has torque lower on the powerband.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
mattjk said:
better than the m3 with the plastic waterpump impellar, drivetrain donuts that go bad, weak rear shock bushings that always break, I could go on and on.

the e36 was the worst built bmw this side of an e21. overlooking that they're alright cars though...