Show me your's: Apexi Rev Speed Meter Installs

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
'kay, So I've had mine sitting in the garage for over 4 years. Gonna install and would like to see some examples of what's worked for ya'll. I am thinking of inside the gauge cluster. I've heard that visibility is not so good in bright Sunlight.

Can ya'll please post some pics of your installs and some feedback on daytime visibility?

TIA!

811_hPD4neb6rcxxRGNNR1QR2M6iR0eq2PEIbXgoXLQ7nRDMxScX1qyLxgefAZ9DxDadgx3SgGKkyghSVx3BiUhKhSlDUsdE_KibISKO0oiXWk0jaaguUIp9sKrZ_XYvHqNP=s90

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Nuthin'? C'mon ya'll.

Basically, I am planning to install inside the gauge cluster, over where the boost/oil-pressure ones are at. Fit it into the front plexiglass in a way that looks like it was made to be there. Would fit great in the ashtray area, but I don't want to look that far down/away for Speed/RPM, while driving.

Now... what to do in the space leftover if /when I remove the speedo and tach?

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Sounds like a pretty cool idea, but i was wondering. How are you gonna get the vehicle speed? Do you have to get a electronic sender for that so it replaces the factory speedo cable?

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Yeah... actually, that's what's prompted me to finally use the RSM. The speedo cable fell apart when I recently removed the dash. I think the last time I checked, the cable was about $80. The speed has been inaccurate ever since the 2JZ/R154 swap anyways. I've ordered the Marlin Crawler VSS-deal which will let me use the digital speed signal to/from the ECU (and not have speed limit cut at 112 MPH). Now, I can replace the tach and speedo gauges (not in the best spot for visual access - steering wheel somewhat in the way).

Not sure what I'll do with that space/real-estate yet.

I also have the temp and boost gauges in the pillar.

So, ordered digital voltmeter and oil pressure gauge/displays and am gonna revamp things a little bit. Until I hook up the RSM, I won't know what the visibility issues may be, so was hoping for some feedback, so that I can get it right the 1st time.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well it not the same but close. This is where I mount mine on my last sup I built back in 2000. No reason to see people that are losing ;)

3006450004_large.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I have my wideband (Zeitronix rectangular LCD display) in the spot you described, in front of the stock oil/boost pressure. Good place for something shaped like that. It's a little ghetto rigged, but we just used that Velcro Extreme stuff to secure it in place. It works, and doesn't look out of place either.