show me ur front mount

trdmk3supra

LVNBSTLFE
Mar 31, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
her is mine it is 24x12x3 and will be mounted very soon. i bought off of a fellow supramania member.

Attachments

• car pics 080.jpg
    car pics 080.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 15
  • car pics 082.jpg
    car pics 082.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 14
  • car pics 083.jpg
    car pics 083.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 5
  • car pics 084.jpg
    car pics 084.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 8

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
I see some pretty large Intercoolers and some pretty small turbos, you guys havent got a clue to what size IC is needed for a given turbo. Personally you will not need bigger than a 12x24x3 for 98% of the guys in this forum. The larger the IC the higher the lag or spool time. Even with my GT4088 turbo I could see a slight difference in spool for my 12x24x4 from my original IC of 12x24x3. Wake up BIG IC's DON'T make power! If the turbo can not pressurize it properly you will lose power. For the guy with the IC hangingto the fron lip...you reallly are clueless and didn't research what size IC you reallly need; not to mention that going in and out of driveways that are raised will cause it to hit the ground. Hello IJ whats popping dude!

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
sorry man but mines work good and yeah there lag but it makes up for it at the end and beside down the road im going to be running 28 psi and i dont think that a12x24x3 is better than a 12x24x4 at that boost level so i think that u should not be coming in here trying to talk trash about our front mount and how dumb we r for having it on the car i mod my car for my self and not for you so what dose it matter if u got nothing nice to say then keep it to yourself. i know that on a dyno a 12x24x3 will not out proform a 12x24x4 at 28psi

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
u should not be coming in here trying to talk trash about our front mount and how dumb we r for having it on the car i mod my car for my self and not for you so what dose it matter if u got nothing nice to say then keep it to yourself

UNNECCESSARY. Don't spout off shit like that...

As for me: PTE Medium IC. See post #30

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
my ic is a 24x12x4... and i'm currently running a ct26 that is blowing oil :bigthumb:

but that doesn't mean it will stay like that forever. My short term goals are medium size turbo (60-1) pushed up to around 400ish hp driven daily and made reliable... then i'll get a larger turbo, ffim, etc.

i see nothing wrong with buying big now and not needing to upgrade in the future.

plus i plan to get a lot of body work done and I'd like to get a bumper that compliments the IC i have now. i'm working towards a bigger picture here ;)

or do you upgrade your car all in one shot? i've already spent over $10k fixing up my car.... but i'm not a millionaire, plus these things take time.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
24x12x4 core

icinstalled.JPG

ic1.JPG

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
i dont think that i said anything wrong ok look at what he wrote so i dont know why ur getting on me for replying to what he wrote be fair ok
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see some pretty large Intercoolers and some pretty small turbos, you guys havent got a clue to what size IC is needed for a given turbo. Personally you will not need bigger than a 12x24x3 for 98% of the guys in this forum. The larger the IC the higher the lag or spool time. Even with my GT4088 turbo I could see a slight difference in spool for my 12x24x4 from my original IC of 12x24x3. Wake up BIG IC's DON'T make power! If the turbo can not pressurize it properly you will lose power. For the guy with the IC hangingto the fron lip...you reallly are clueless and didn't research what size IC you reallly need; not to mention that going in and out of driveways that are raised will cause it to hit the ground. Hello IJ whats popping dude!

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Getting ready to put my 24x12x4 back on, now that I got my RR-FFIM. What did you guys do about the oil-cooler, when putting them big@$$ ICs in there?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
QWIKSTRIKE said:

geewiz! welcome back anthony lol.
edit: sorry bout the side scoll o' death. didnt realize the pic was that big

db2_23.jpg

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
QWIKSTRIKE said:

Tru to dat...

I currently run 30x13x3.5 (Made a mistake that says by 14 on my site) but am upgrading mine to something bigger.. I am doing this to use for a rebar bumper support ...:naughty:

Duane

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Satan said:
Getting ready to put my 24x12x4 back on, now that I got my RR-FFIM. What did you guys do about the oil-cooler, when putting them big@$$ ICs in there?

I put mine between the intercooler and the rad. Made a custom bracket but mine oil cooler is not stock.

Duane