should i trade it for this

mizuboi

Feb 26, 2007
cypress
i was a proud owner of a 1986 na to t2 convert and all the kicks but i say stick with the supra you have more mods than he does
his engine is most likely the stock motor with wearing apex seals especially with 9X,XXX miles on it non turbo rotary's do tend to live longer than t2's do but they do lack the power that the t2 does and very much lacks the torque most of you rotary fans know that great weight to power ratio but lacks major in torque

i'd say stick with the supra
buy a fc shell swap a 7m into it and you've got more horsies to play with more torque and the best drift car build on the earth well you might have to add a little weight to the back because the 7m is way heavier than a rotary well atleast the 2rotar that comes with it there for throwing off the 49/50 balance ratio of front and back

:cry: rip
p628162_1.jpg

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Roatries FTL, I definatley would not trade for one. Me and my brother have had numerous tourqueless wonders. Somethings I dislike about it: Horrible gas mileage, no tourque, the ac and ps trmendously affect the power of the car, its got a hydraulic clutch that is a pita to drive, if its never been rebuilt its probably gonna need apec seals soon. I would stick with the Supra how are you tired of a T70 man!

csolstad

Nov 12, 2005
Clinton, NJ
you thought a n/a FC was fast? if you complete your GTE swap you would put buslengths on that FC. i like the FC and all but i hate the powerplant.. like others have said, poor gas mileage, no low end grunt, rebuilding the motor every 70-80k miles b/c of apex seals... no thanks. its only 1.3L too so its potential is more limited than a 7m/1jz. oh yeah and i also hate how the motor sounds like a weed wacker. unless youre a die hard FC fan..and willing to put in a lot of time.. i wouldnt recommend it

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
i hade an 90 fc,i did the t2 swap it was fun. i traded my 90 for an 88 fc , i traded it because i was to drop an ls1 in to it. I would not trade my supra for an fc but i would trade my fc for a supra.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
yeah, the bathtub doesn't leak...

in all seriousness, rebuilds on a rotory are quite a bit easier than a rebuild on a 7M (very few moving parts), but they have to be done much more often (if you're pushing tons of power and don't want to have any issues, a local guy rebuilds his every 50K miles).

But it's N/A, no torque and sounds like crap IMHO (sounds like a SBC with cams and running on about 3 cylinders).

Would I own one? sure, it's one of the great japanese sports cars. But I wouldn't want one that old...

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
There is no feeling like a rotary.

I have ridden in plenty of six figure sports cars, driven one or two ferraris, been in a lot of six figure luxury cars(read Bently, RR, S class Benzes) and NONE, are as smooth as a rotary engine. Even upwards of 6000 RPM, It just feels like nothing else

The design is amazing. It just works so well. Like none other.

illmatic357

in me soarer rip my mk3
Aug 2, 2005
Milwaukee
well is back to the forsale section with this car reign dont delete my post this time 4000.00 is that too much to ask with all the parts that i have with it or should i sell the car , parts , and engine seprete

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
I agree with kyle...the rotary engines are just SOO smooth, until the turbo kicks in that is. :D

A guy I work with has a 490rwhp rx7 on alky, a rediculous port and 26psi (fuel cut, 800cc/1660cc's...lol). I drove it back from lunch one day and WOW. They do kinda sound like a BBC on 3 cylinders though haha "**bahp bahp bahp bahp BAHHHHHHH** :rofl:

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
Rotaries don't last forever. They are unforgiving on the wrong tuning. A rebuild at base (with rotor housings and new apex seals, springs, oil rings, and water seals) costs in excess of 1500 just in parts alone. Yes, they are nice cars, but i would NEVER, i repeat NEVER, use one as a daily driver if it has over 80K on it. They are hard to get work done on them because alot of mechanics know nothing about them. How often does a cylinder block wear out? Well, you can expect the "block" of a rotary to wear out completely. Thats what they do. You cannot machine the rotor housings, so new ones must be used for a true rebuild. They run 4-500 each.

Enough banter, go with what ya like :)

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
by the way, for the guy that said they have a hydraulic clutch and how it sucks, your supra has a hydraulic clutch...doesn't suck now too much does it? :p

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
The rotaries are fun, my first car was a rotary, here is something you should consider, ECU's burn up, you WILL replace oil cooler lines once a year, rebuilds arnt cheap but the 80k mile rebuild is nonsence, the apex seals blow because of idiots who think they can bridge port the crap out of it and rev to 10grand..... the no torque comment, thats why you have a 4.30 diff and an 8k redline(the sound of a rotary running 9K on the tach w/ open header is SICK! but idle is not so sick...) Anyways, time intervals on rebuilds are purely dependent of the port, work, tune and driver. Ohh yeah, have fun unflooding it on cold mornings when your late for work. Honestly, I would definately buy another one.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I had one just like you are looking at. I beat the crap out of it for about 3 years (including a bunch of track days) and it never let me down.

As nice as the car was, the Supra is a much nicer vehicle in all respects. No way I'd get one instead of a Sup.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
RazoE said:
GTU's are rare..?
I saw 3 today, one beat up white one, a red one and a silver one....
i thought GTU's were base, what's so special..?

supposed to be the rarest and most sought after. Alot of guys look for the gtus when they want to build an scca racer. Mentioned earlier, the 4.30 diff, lightweight doors with rollup windows, a/c was dealer option, aluminum hood without the turboII hood scoop, no sunroof, five lug car with the turboII suspension, all were 5 speeds I think, I think thats it.