Should I Sell?

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
Well I have been thinking alot lately, and I wanted to ask you guys here bc you have put the money and time and sweat into your cars, and wanted to knw if its worth it.

Heres the story.....

I own a 2009 Nissan Versa, about 20k miles. Bought it new. Its payed for.
I got an 88 Toyota Supra, 7M-GE Automatic. Drove it for about 8 months, and it stopped running. I reciently got the head back on, blew a HG, but it might not have been the only thing. So I hope to get it running, but it might need to be toward dwn completely, and rebuilt(not worth the money).

So, the plans for the car was to be a track car, autox and drift(I know its a N/A.) So my plans were to get a miata, but ended up with this.

So what would be a good idea. Do you think its worth the time, and money just for a track car thats NA.

THanks guys

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
An automatic NA for a drift car..............I don't see it happening, but I'm not a drifter. I say no it's not worth it.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Only way you're drifting that car is in the winter on a frozen lake..

Not it's not worth making it a track car unless you boost it and aren't affraid to spend lots and lots of money:)

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
Lienhop Photo;1506188 said:
Well I forgot to add that I am doing a W58 swap. Sry lol
So no boost=no track time

well not true you could spend a shit ton of money building it up na and do that but it still be underpowered go boost youll love every moment of it ..

dont sell it

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
Yea thats what im thinking. I never wanted to spend over 5k on a car, just because I want to autox it. Im not looking for the highest HP either. Just looking for something fun

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
A 240 is a perfect starter car for drifting...don't use an NA automatic supra, you will spend a shit ton just for it to have enough power/weight.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Lienhop Photo;1506476 said:
well the thing is I would love a 240 but I would rather have a miata as a track car. Something I could do a lot with other than drift

Reason I say 240 is they are cheap, like cheap cheap. A good miata will still fetch some decent coin.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
supramario;1506479 said:
reason i say 240 is they are cheap, like cheap cheap. A good miata will still fetch some decent coin.

+1.

ij.;1506697 said:
supramario said:
a 240 is a perfect starter car for drifting...don't use an na automatic supra, you will spend a shit ton just for it to have enough power/weight.
and it will still be a hippo in ballet slippers....

+2.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Sell it. Don't try to waste rediculous sums of money making one thing into something else, that it is not, was not, and never was designed to be.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
You'd be better off buying a Supra that already has a turbo in it so you will actually have power. N/A = slow, very slow. Yes, there is massive potential for the Supra, although it ain't cheap. If you were to keep your Supra, I'd invest heavily in suspension. Sway bars, poly bushings, coilovers, and brakes.