shortage of 2mm mhg's?

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
i've been looking for a week now and contacted just about every vendor on here, supraforums and any others i knew about and can't find anyone with an hks bead 2.0mm or a tms 2.0mm mhg

the shops/people i talk to says they can get them in within the next two weeks or so, but this is a hold up on the entire build atm.

does anyone know anywhere that has one of those two in stock? if i can't find one i guess i'm going to have to dish out the $300+ and get a stopper, but would rather get a bead type and spend that saved money on beer or something else of importance

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
MDCmotorsports;938670 said:
Commetic should have them available. Call them direct.

just got off the phone with them, was over $200 shipped and it won't ship for over a week minimum the guy said.

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
yay.. was able to get in touch with the lady at suprasport and she said she had a couple of the 2mm hks' in stock..... now on to stressing about the next build holdup :biglaugh:

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
hey guys when it comes to headgaskets is bigger better? Because I just read some argument about that and it completely threw me off. I thought around 1.5mm was good but that thing just confused me.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Depends ;)

If you want to keep stock compression ratio, you need to know how much material was removed from the head and block decks and add both values in mm to the stock HG thickness (1.37mm compressed). Using a thicker MHG will lower CR.

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
gsmokez;938935 said:
hey guys when it comes to headgaskets is bigger better? Because I just read some argument about that and it completely threw me off. I thought around 1.5mm was good but that thing just confused me.

as jdub said, it depends on the situation. my block/head had to be decked and the 2mm gasket will be a little more forgiving once i start pushing higher boost levels

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
is there such thing as too big? i am going to try to finish up my build in month or two and was wondering what the consequences or benefits would be if i got a 3mm hg. i havent gotten any machining done yet so i dont know how much is gonna come off. i am putting on the ct467 boss series comp turbo which is capable of 500-700hp and im hoping to put down numbers somewhere in that area.
-pete

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Bigger is not better, it is to make up for machining the surface down. The downside is slightly lower compression.
Don't buy the HG until you find out how much is taken off. No use in buying a HG bigger than needed.
Stock HG is 1.37mm compressed IIRC. so add whatever was taken off the block, and head to that, and buy the HG accordingly.

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
MassSupra89;939214 said:
Bigger is not better, it is to make up for machining the surface down. The downside is slightly lower compression.
Don't buy the HG until you find out how much is taken off. No use in buying a HG bigger than needed.
Stock HG is 1.37mm compressed IIRC. so add whatever was taken off the block, and head to that, and buy the HG accordingly.

yep, exactly. your machinist will be able to tell you what size gasket you need for what compression

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
selfinfliction;938826 said:
yay.. was able to get in touch with the lady at suprasport and she said she had a couple of the 2mm hks' in stock..... now on to stressing about the next build holdup :biglaugh:

The lady was Jessica...the hottest one here

We always have the HKS in stock

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
SupraSportJack;939454 said:
The lady was Jessica...the hottest one here

We always have the HKS in stock

cooking, cleaning, rich and single are the qualities I look for in a woman.

i'm damn glad i was finally able to get in touch with you, cause i called multiple times and no one answered. i don't like answering machines... anyways, my problems were solved and seen it had already shipped out today. good sevice = return business from me :)

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Greg and I are in the shop most of the day machining parts and I also work as a diesel mechanic in the evenings...but Jessica will always get back to you

The phone rings non-stop so it keeps her plenty busy

Thanks for the business

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Rennat;939592 said:
cometic = titan

just rebranded... so get the titan if you can and save some money.

Cometic makes the Titan onefor them

I think Titan only stocks the 1.5mm but I may be wrong, we already shipped the 2.0 out to him anyways