Short Shifter Info

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
So the N2 uses parts from the current shifter which needs to be assembled yourself right, and the V3 from SS is "plug and play"

From what I'm reading, the N2 is worth the extra effort, with the price too.

makaveli913

1jz and lovin it
Nov 20, 2007
Pueblo Co
I got a beech shifter. I like it. The shifts are 1 inch and very quick. At first my foot couldnt keep up. Its Kinda firm and requires a lil muscle to shift. My girlfriend sometimes has difficulty drivin but she even likes it better than stock. Over all its great quality and has awesome short throws.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
beach7.jpg

:evil2:

Oct 12, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hey guys, thank you for all of the imformation, it really helped. I am not ready right now to actually purchase a short shifter, gotta fix some things first. But I might PM a few of you for a couple more details when I am ready to purchase. Thanks again for all the help.

MikesFixedRoof

Mar 23, 2009
Queens, NY
I still have my stock shifter, but I swiped the factory shift knob off my old man's '93 mr2 turbo :evil2: cause I got him a TRD shift knob for his birthday last year. It's a tiny black leather knob that's quite heavy for it's size. looks real good and I really think it helps to make shifts easier because of its mass. My r154 has less than 75k on it, but I was pretty shocked with the amount of side-to-side play it has when in gear. So I ordered new bushings from Marlin Crawler the other day. I think I'll end up getting the NM v2 (if he still has any left when I'm ready) or the SS v3.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
I like the V3 shifter been using it for two years. Even when I track my car never miss a gear with it. One of the best if not the best IMHO shifters for our supes.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
if anyone cares to look up tubbie on here, he makes a killer one thats near stock height, just slightly shorter, but the shift is the shortest ive ever felt no joke